background

Friday, December 31, 2010

Complete!


And the series is complete!  I really like this one even though the snowman is all googly eyed thanks to my mad skillz with french knots.  :o)  I thought the December sampler looked so good on the blue fabric I decided to use it for January as well.  Thank you all for encouraging me through this series.  I will admit it became tedious at times but I am so happy I stuck with it.  I now have a monthly piece to display for many years to come.

I am all prepared to start stitching the first block of Shores of Hawk Run Hollow to ring in the New Year.  I have made no promises to myself as to when I will finish this massive piece (I am stitching it on 32 count) but I will say I would be happy if it is done in 2 years.  I decided I can't abandon the smalls I love to stitch nor the little gifts I love to send so those will be done in the New Year alongside Shores.  I hope you will all keep encouraging me to keep stitching on it as I am certain I will tire of it at some point.

I want to wish all of you a happy and prosperous New Year filled with whatever your heart desires and thank you once again for stopping by my little corner of the universe for a visit.  Here's to 2011!



18 comments:

Faye said...

That blue fabric is perfect!!! I too cannot abandon my love for "smalls"..only, I hope to devote more time to finish up my many large WIP pieces calling out my name...

I look forward to seeing much great work from you in 2011....

Happy New Year!! Faye

Pat Matejcek said...

I love your finish and it looks lovely on the blue.
Happy and Healthy New Year to you and your family.
I will look for your updates!

Daffycat said...

Here I was all excited to have finished before you did...and you stitched January! LOL It's really cute!

Best wishes in the New Year, Myra!

Blu said...

What an adorable finish! The fabric looks awesome.
Good luck with Shores!

Cole said...

Lovely finish! I was looking at starting Shores too, but my LNS was closed for Christmas break & I couldn't get my fabric :( Oh well!

Happy New Year!!

Bonnie said...

Love the snowman on blue, Myra.
I am looking forward to your Shores. Maybe I will get some more done on mine.
Happy New Year!!

Lois said...

What a lovely finish Myra! Well done on staying on track with each of them. Wishing you a Happy New Year and looking forward to watching your progress on Shores.

Siobhan said...

Woohoo! Congrats on the finish--what a great way to usher out the year. I love the frame for it, too.

Best of luck with Shores! It's a fun project. One of the LNS gals stitched CaHRH on 32 ct with DMC and it is GORGEOUS. The main thing is that you enjoy the process, whether it's smalls or BAPs or projects in between.

Happy new year to you and yours!

Crispy said...

I love your googly eyed snowman Myra :0)

You know I'll be hanging out with you!!

Happy New Year my friend

Crispy

Carol said...

It's been a pleasure watching you bring this series to life, Myra--congratulations on finishing them all! I really love the fabric you've chosen for January--why do we always associate January with the color blue?

You're right to not put pressure on yourself for Shores--I did for Christmas and it was a mistake. It took some of the joy of stitching away for that piece. This year, I'm not having any goals other than an ornament a month--much more relaxing!

May 2010 bring you much love and laughter, my friend :)

Catherine said...

Whoo-hoo! Your finish is lovely. I'm sure it feels good to have them all complete. I will looking to see them all again as you display them throughout the year!

I love the HRH pieces, but have not yet made the plunge to stitch any. I'll be watching and encouraging you on your journey!

May the New Year bring you love, laughter and lots and lots of stitching time!

Roberta said...

Happy New Year Myra,

Love the blue fabric and the snowman is so cute.

CalamityJr said...

Happy New Year, Myra - may it be filled with many blessings and much happiness for you and those you love.

Julianne said...

Myra,

It looks so pretty on that fabric. Congratulations on finishing the series.

Happy New Year!

Sharon said...

What a beautiful finish and a lovely way to end the year! I hope 2011 brings you a lot of joy and more stitching to share with all of us! :)

Mary said...

You've done a great job with this series Myra. Each one has a special touch to it.
I love the blue fabric....

I wish you all the best for the coming new year. Thank you for the happiness your thoughtfulness has brought to me this year, dear friend :)

*HUGS*

Pumpkin said...

Adorable finish Myra!

I wish you all the luck with your new start. Not having a deadline is sometimes a good thing.

Happy New Year :o)

Berit said...

Congratulations, Myra! The border and linen choice work together to make this one cute!