background

Friday, December 17, 2010

A Diva and Gifts

Glitter would like to thank each and every one of you for your comments on my last post.  Now she really is "Diva-ing" it up around here and giving Ziggy the old raspberry every time she sees him at the door.  :o)

I have been very fortunate to receive a couple of lovely stitchy gifts this week.  First, from dear Becky I am now the proud owner of one of her little cupcake pincushions.
 Isn't it so pretty and delicate?  And, it has a bird!  Thank you so much Becky, you know I will treasure it and think of you every time I see it.
Then today this little beauty arrived from Julianne.  That little bell is just the cutest and the trim and backing fabric are just gorgeous.  (Notice the wonderful card with cardinals and chocolates too.)  Thank you so much Julianne - the ornament is already being proudly displayed on my little tree. 

We had a bit of snow and ice here this week but the weather is supposed to be nice all the way into next week.  I am sure the bad weather put a damper on a lot of folks plans for Christmas shopping.  I hope you are all finished with your shopping and don't have to fight the crowds that are sure to be out this weekend.

Only 1 week until Christmas.  Can you believe it?!

15 comments:

Pumpkin said...

You've had a great mail week :o) Lovely gifties!

I know! Where has the time gone????

Deborah said...

What great and beautiful gifts! have a Merry Christmas.

Crispy said...

Such lovely little gifts! I'm so happy all my shopping is done and I can avoid the malls next week :0)

Crispy

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

What great gifts you received, Myra! Unfortunately, I have a bit more shopping to do.

Have a great week!

Terri

Faye said...

Your gifts are just beautiful and you are a most deserving recipient!!

Merry Christmas Myra, Faye

Carol said...

Beautiful gifts from Becky and Julianne--isn't it fun opening your mailbox this time of year?

I will be one of those battling the crowds tomorrow (have to work today) and I'm dreading it--I've really procrastinated this year and I'll be paying for it when I'm trying to find a parking spot :)

Berit said...

How beautiful your gifts are!

We're supposed to be getting snow tomorrow and Monday, so hunkering down for that a bit.

We're not doing gifts this year (which makes me feel a little bit of guilt since I received so many nice ones!), so the only holiday prep on my plate is stitching my PS fox ornament! lol!

We are going to a concert tonight to see a Christmas performance of the Trans Siberian Orchestra--to be honest, not looking forward to it, but maybe it'll be better than I expect! We signed up for it in August, but my inner Scrooge is really coveting the ticket price for my computer fund now! Lol!

Daffycat said...

Oh how lovely! Becky cupcakes are awesome! And the teeny little ornie from Julianne is soooo adorable!

Christmas has snuck up on me again!

Catherine said...

Lovely gifts! You certainly deserve them! Hope you have a great week!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow what gorgeous gifts to receive! Both beautifully finished!

Jan said...

Those are beautiful gifties! I know you treasure them all! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Teresa S. said...

I am a new follower, Myra! Stopping by to check out your blog after seeing a couple of your gorgeous zippered pouches on other blogs! Wow! Love that fabric and your workmanship! Have a Merry Christmas!

Roberta said...

What lovely gifts you received - very special.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas

Natalia said...

Beautiful gifts from your blogging friends !! Merry Christmas..

Kathy A. said...

Happy New Year to you! May you have a wonderful stitch-filled year!