background

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Lots to share

Hello Friends!  I have found my way out of the funk that was the nasty virus thing I had last weekend.  UGH!  It seems to be sweeping the country and my little workplace is no exception.  Nearly everyone there has missed at least one day of work due to the achey, sneezy, stuffy head, fever mess.  I suppose I was fortunate that I had the weekend to recover and didn't miss too much work.  I am happy to say I am back to normal now.

Raffaella and I did a private Christmas exchange and just feast your eyes on this gorgeous ornament.
The picture really doesn't do it justice.  The velvet ribbon is so elegant and the beads on the tree add just the right touch of sparkle.  I am not sure of the designer but it is really a gorgeous piece.  She also sent along several wonderful goodies including the cutest gingerbread pattern that will make a wonderful addition to my decorating next year.  Thank you Raffaella for such a wonderful exchange that I will treasure for years to come.  :o)
 This little cutie arrived this week from Amy.  Now you know I love me some birds and especially red ones and it just thrills me to be able to add this to my collection.  Amy hosted a stitch-in last weekend which I had planned for the last 2 or 3 months to attend.  Since Scrooge McNastyFluBug hit me I wasn't able to make it but Amy was so kind and sent along this little pillow and a treat bag of goodies.  I was so disappointed that I didn't make it, my husband had planned to drive down with me so he spent Saturday trying to figure out what to do with himself while I coughed and hacked on the sofa.  Thank you so much Amy!  I really appreciate the goodies and your kind thoughtfulness.  Head over to Amy's blog and check out the other lovely ornaments she has made.
 The first of my Christmas RAK's has arrived so I can now show it to you.  This little candle mat made it's way to Mary's house for the holidays.  I know Mary loves candles and since Christmas is a holiday filled with lights and candles I just couldn't let it pass without making a Christmas themed mat for her candles. 
Speaking of Mary, while I was sick I accomplished quite a bit on the "Hare's Christmas" design she sent me and thought I should take a progress picture.  Doncha just love this cute family riding along in their sleigh?  I am not sure how I will finish it but I hope to have it done by Christmas. 

Our company Christmas party is tonight so I better get busy and try to find something appropriate to wear.  I hope you are all being blessed with the spirit and joy that is Christmas.  I know I am.  :o)

16 comments:

Kathy A. said...

What lovely Christmas gifts you have received. They will make lovely additions to your holiday decor.
Love the bunnies in the sleigh - just too cute!
Glad to hear you have recovered from that nasty flu and are back on track.
Please send me some Christmas spirit. I'm having trouble finding mine.

Pumpkin said...

Lovely gifties! I'm sure they lifted your spirits while you were sick :o( Glad you are feeling better now though.

Great progress on Hare's Christmas! So I guess it does pay to be sick sometimes ;o)

Catherine said...

So glad to hear that you are feeling better and just in time for your Christmas party too!

Love all the goodies - both given and recieved! That little bird is adorable!

Deborah said...

Glad that you are feeling better. Love the ornaments. The candle mats that you are making are lovely. Have fun at the party.

Daffycat said...

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better, Myra! It seems everyone I see lately is sick or has been sick. I have weasled my way out of catching it so far!

Lovely exchange ornament to receive! And the gifty from Amy is darling too!

Chris said...

Hi Myra,
I am glad that you are feeling better. That crud has been going around where I work too. So far I have managed to avoid it.
Your exchanges look great.
I am glad that you have been able to get some stitching done. I hope the rest of your weekend is great :)

Karen said...

Love your goodies...we sure did miss you last weekend! You will definitely have to come in the spring.

Glad you are feeling better...

carol fun said...

Such pretty gifties -- beautiful workmanship in every piece! Glad you recovered from the "crud" - you made great progress on the "Hare's Christmas" - what a cute piece. Wish I could have accomplished something when I was layed low -- turning over on my side was a big accomplishment those 2 days -- oh well so glad it is past- Happy stitching!

Crispy said...

Goodness you certainly have been blessed with lots of lovely surprises!!

I'm so happy you are finally feeling well again. It must have been hard stitching when you were coughing your head off :0)

Crispy

Carol said...

Oh, that Hare's Christmas is just too cute, Myra--I love it. At least you could still stitch while you were sick. I'm so sorry you had to miss the stitch-in--I know how much you were looking forward to it...

Lovely gifts from Amy and Raffaella and I'm sure Mary is loving her candle mat :)

What did you get from the Dirty Santa game last night at your party (oh dear, that was poorly worded, wasn't it!!)... Hope you had a great time! And stay healthy, my friend...

Julianne said...

Myra,

I am sorry to hear you've been sick.

That was so sweet of Amy to send you some gifts.

Robin-Samplerbird said...

So glad to hear that you are feeling better. Thank you for sharing the gifts received and sent...all are lovely. Your Hare's Christmas is so cute and looks like a fun stitch!

Xangles said...

Hi, Myra. I haven't been able to visit for a while. What lovely ornaments! The LHN December framed is truly gorgeous. Because it doesn't snow here and Christmas is usually a scorching 39 celcius, I tend to stay away from Christmas designs with snow. I'd love to see your place all dressed up and ready for Christmas.

Lois said...

Sorry to hear you have been feeling so unwell. What lovely gifts you've received and what a nice gift you sent to Mary. Nice progress on Hare's Christmas. Hope you had fun at your company Christmas party and, like Carol, I'm looking forward to hearing about Dirty Santa!!!!

Roberta said...

Love the exchange that you did.

Do hope you are better. This whatever it is just knocks you out.

Enjoy the Season.

Berit said...

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better (though somehow I didn't know you were sick in the first place!)

As usual you're showing some beauties on your blog--love it! It was so sweet of Amy to send some nice things along to you! :)

Hope you had a great time at the party!