background

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

 "Hare's Christmas" by Plum Street Samplers ~~~ 32 ct linen, DMC floss~~~ Quilted Wallhanging Finish



I hung this on the wall a little after midnight Christmas Eve.  I enjoyed every minute of this design.  As I was stitching it I knew it was going to be too large for an ornament so it was either a pillow, frame, or wallhanging.  As you can see I went with the wallhanging.  :o)  I used the sawtooth star pattern to mimic the star pattern on the sleigh and was able to find all of the fabrics I needed in my stash.  A big thank you to Amy for the holly fabric that provided the perfect background for my Christmas star and another big thank you to Mary for gifting me with such a delightful pattern.  Not one to leave well enough alone, I added some yo-yo's with jingle bells in the center to help carry out the snowflakes and jingle theme.  I discovered my quiltmaking skills are very rusty, perhaps I will have to make a few more quilted finishes in the new year.

I hope you are all enjoying a beautiful day with family and friends.  We are anxiously awaiting this "winter storm" that is predicted to give us a white Christmas.

28 comments:

Pointed Stitcher said...

I love your Jingle Jingle piece. Merry Christmas!!

valerie said...

Beautiful finish! Love the yoyos with jingle bells touch. Merry Christmas!

Wilma NC said...

Merry Christmas Myra.

Faye said...

It turned out just perfect Myra!!! Makes me want to do the same with mine!!!

Batten down the hatches...the snow is headed our way~~~ YIPPEE

Catherine said...

It is positively perfect!

Hope you enjoyed your day and stay safe with the snow! It's headed my way next!

Ranae said...

Your Jingle wall hanging is simply stunning.
Merry Christmas and Happy 2011 stitching

Kathy A. said...

Beautiful Myra.
Wishing you a wonderful, Merry Christmas.

Pumpkin said...

What a wonderful idea Myra! Love it :o)

Merry Christmas!

Berit said...

I forgot to mention this in my email, but I LOVE this finish! I've been a little ambivalent about this pattern before, but your finish turns it into a treasure!

I'm gonna keep the window open for a while so I can glance back easily. ;)

CATHI said...

Very beautiful finish! I wish you a Merry Christmas!

Cathi

Crispy said...

Oh this came out beautiful Myra. I love all the little touches you made to it :0)

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!

Crispy

Deborah said...

Beautiful wallhanging! Love the yo-yo's!

devonaz said...

That turned out adorable...good job..

Deb said...

Such a wonderful way to finish off that design. I just love it!

Carol said...

Oh, Myra! I just love how your wallhanging turned out! What a unique finish--and the little yo-yos are the perfect whimsical snowflakes. You should really send a photo of your finish to Plum Street Samplers for them to see how cute it turned out...

Can't believe all the snow you southern stitchers are getting! Stay warm and dry down there :)

Karen said...

such a cute finish just in time for Christmas....hope you are staying warm!

Mary said...

This is absolutely adorable, Myra!
Of course, your quilting makes everything special. The yo-yo's are such a unique touch.
We are getting hit hard with lots of snow here, too
It's a good stitching night!
Glad to hear that Christmas was a good one for you and your family :)

*HUGS*

CalamityJr said...

What a gorgeous finish. I know you'll enjoy looking up at it every winter!

Siobhan said...

Myra, that is so cute!! What a great finishing idea. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Stay warm in that storm!

Conny said...

Such a lovely finish, Myra! It's to combine quilting with stitching.
Happy New Year to you.

mainely stitching said...

Myra you are insanely talented - that is the MOST gorgeous finish!!!!

Andrea said...

A gorgeous finish. The fabric compliments the stitching so wonderfully well. Love the yo-yo's too.

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Lovely piece!
Hugs

Jan said...

love the way you finished Jingle Jingle--it's adorable! Happy New Year!

Julianne said...

Myra,

I knew from the sneak peak that it would be wonderful. It is!! i just love your special touch of the yo-yo's They remind me of snowflakes.

nima said...

Lovely piece of work...

Happy new year to you

Daffycat said...

This made the best wallhanging ever! What a wonderful finish!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Beautiful! Great finish for christmas!