background

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Pretty Cardinals

I wanted to show you what I stitched for Raffaella for our private ornament exchange.  I haven't heard from her yet but according to the delivery confirmation it was delivered Thursday so I feel safe in posting a photo.
I used the design from Just Nan's Snow Tin and made it into a round ornament using those metal finishing forms.  It is stitched with DMC on 32 ct Antique Blue Linen.  This is my favorite cardinal design so far and I hope Raffaella loves it as much as I do.  I have the tin I stitched last year displayed under my tree but I just have to stitch this again into an ornament to hang on my tree.

As you can see I didn't have the correct bead frame and bead for the center (it was used on my tin last year) so I improvised with a seed bead and a larger red bead that I had in my stash.  I looked everywhere for a bead frame similar to the original but had absolutely no luck in finding it.  If anyone knows where these might be available I would like to add a couple to my stash for future stitches of this design.  :o)

Glitter wanted me to let you know she does occasionally pose for a photo.  I finally managed to catch her awake and she stayed still for a full 15 seconds so I could snap this picture of her.  I can't believe she is 11-1/2 years old now.

  We hope you are staying warm wherever you are and are logging many hours of quality stitching time with plenty of cat naps in between.  :o)

26 comments:

Chris said...

Hello Glitter!
The ornament is beautiful Myra.

Sharon said...

What a beautiful ornament - such a lovely job!! Glitter looks like she's all ready for Santa to bring her gifts! :)

Carol said...

Glitter is so, so lovely, Myra--I'll bet she is the queen of the manor, isn't she? How do she and Ziggy get along?

And your cardinal ornament is so pretty--I'm sure Raffaella will love it. Good idea to use the red bead and the seed bead as a substitute for the original--I never would have known if you hadn't told me :)

Stay warm down there!

Catherine said...

What a beautiful kitty Glitter is!!

Love that ornament!! Perhaps if you contact Nan she would be able to help you out!!

Cari-in-VA said...

Glitter is just beautiful. My cat is curled up next to me as I type.

Your cardinal ornament is just lovely! I have a list of them I want to stitch as it is our state bird. I am adding this JN to the list - and your bead idea is perfect!

Enjoy your week.

valerie said...

gorgeous ornament Myra! Love that tassel.

natalyK said...

Myra, love the ornament you made. The beads look beautiful. Glitter is extraordinary. I grew up with siamese cats and LOVE them. They are usually soooo vocal and really let you know how they feel. Thanks for sharing such a great pic.

Deborah said...

The ornament is beautiful! Glitter is gorgeous. Such a wonderful name. How did you come to pick it?

Cole said...

Beautiful ornament Myra! You did a wonderful job on the finishing, I'm sure it will be a much treasured ornament for Rafaella.

And Glitter is one pretty kitty :)

April Mechelle said...

Beautiful Ornament Myra!! Glitter is also so pretty.

CATHI said...

Really nice ornament! Love it!

Best wishes

Cathi

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful ornament. I love cardinals and also love to stitch them. Your finish is exquisite.

Glitter is so sweet.

Faye said...

You know I love a red bird~~~ LOVE this one!~ Nice job as usual Myra...

BRRRRR.....Cold here, Stay warm~

Faye

Crispy said...

The ornament is beautiful Myra :0)

Glitter looks just like my last cat Trouble, who was never any trouble at all LOL.

Crispy

Roberta said...

Glitter is just gorgeous. Love the ornament you stitched.

Enjoy the Season.

Pumpkin said...

The cardinals are gorgeous as an ornament Myra! I wouldn't have even blinked about the center button if you hadn't of said anything. LOL!

Glitter is SO sweet! We used to have Siamese cats and I love them :o)

Robin Samplerbird said...

Beautiful ornament and kitty! Glimmer is still a youngster as Siamese tend to be long-lived cats. I had one that stayed with me for 21-1/2 wonderful years and my sister had one that lived to be 19.

Isn't it funny how cats always find the warmest spot in the house for their little naps?

Vonna said...

First off your ornament is gorgeous...beautiful and wonderful!
And your Glitter...what a dolly! She's handsome!

akaber9598 said...

You are right! That is absolutely the best cardinal pattern I have seen. You did a gorgeous job!

Ranae said...

A beautiful ornament, What a lucky gal Raffaella is.
Glitter is one gorgeous feline, I had a cat exactly like her, the poor thing snuck out the door and before I could grab her, a dog threw her around like a rag doll, I think I cried forever that day :(

Berit said...

Beautiful stitching and Glitter! :o

How's Ziggy doing? And M. Ziggy? We haven't seen him in a bit! Are you still doing themed displays with him?

Jan said...

Does Glitter rule the roost?! She's so pretty! I love your cardinals ornament!

Lois said...

What a lovely ornament you sent. Love the pic of Glitter!

Wilma NC said...

The cardinals are gorgeous!!!! What a unique perspective.

Daffycat said...

Raffaella is really lucky to have such a lovely ornament, Myra!

Swwet old Glitter. She is such a pretty lady. My grandmother had two Siamese cats when I was young, they were ancient! One lived to be 22 and the other 24...they are such a long-lived cat!

Andrea said...

A lovely ornament.

Have a Happy Christmas!