background

Saturday, January 22, 2011

1/12

Thank you all for the wonderful comments on my little "Love" pillow.  I apologize for not responding to each of you individually - I am a bit behind in my blogging and with work today and housework to be done - , never enough hours in the day.  I really appreciate all your visits and your comments just make my day.

I finished the first block of Shores!  :o)  Now I know all of you have seen eleventy seven versions of this and I don't blame you one bit if you want to move along now but I plan to do a happy dance for each and every block because who knows how long it is going to take me to finish this monster!  (Was that sentence long enough for you?)
 Raffaella and I are doing an informal stitch along on this one. She is sending me pics of hers and I am going to document our progress here on a (hopefully) regular basis.  Raffaella is stitching hers on 40 ct with silks and I am stitching on 32 ct with DMC.  I think it will be neat to see how different ours look in comparison.   I started with block 4 and she started with block 1.
 We both had a nice chuckle via email about Miss Sunshine's "Angelina Jolie" lips!   I think her stitching looks so neat compared to mine.  :o)

Thursday was a "cardinal" day at my house and a 2nd Christmas too!   Mary sent me a belated Christmas package chock full of beautiful cardinals.  The package contained two lovely hand towels, a cute LHN pattern that I have almost ordered bunches of times but didn't, and this gorgeous glass tray.  I have the towels in my kitchen now, cardinals aren't just for Christmas you know and I am using the tray in my craft room so I can enjoy it for a while until next Christmas rolls around.  Thanks again Mary for your thoughtfulness and generosity.
Well, the housework is still waiting for me to get off this computer.  I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend and staying warm wherever you are!

15 comments:

mainely stitching said...

I could happily see a thousand starts to this fabulous design! Your "first" (or 4th, LOL) block is gorgeous - great start!!

Laura said...

Love your start on Shores. I could look at Shores all day long everyday. I should get it but I have so many WIPs in progress it is not funny. Maybe I should get it and put it away for five years from now! I will look forward to your progress!

Hazel said...

Lovely progress on Shores. I am awaiting my fabric from the US to get to me over here in the UK and then I need to decide whether to go with silks or threads. x

Crispy said...

You two are off and running with this project. It will be fun watching both of you :0)

Crispy

Carol said...

I never get tired of seeing people's Shores finishes, Myra--especially yours. Congratulations on finishing your first block--I know how much time goes into each one!

Beautiful red gifts from Mary--I especially like that tray! Enjoy :)

Daffycat said...

What a great SAL, Myra! I don't care how often I've seen posts about Shores they never get old!

I used to have comments emailed to me but I found I could not keep up with them all and read blogs and stitch and everything else. That was the one I dropped to relieve the load!

Deb said...

Woo hoo on finishing your first block. I think it's great to have someone to stitch this piece along with. Maybe if I had that I wouldn't have abandoned the piece!

Bonnie said...

Congrats on finishing your first block of Shores. It doesn't seem like it took you long at all.
I have two pair of cardinals visiting my feeders everyday.

Pumpkin said...

Good for you Myra! I never get tired of seeing these blocks :o) I'll get to mine someday...

What a lovely gift to receive! It's fun when you can stretch out a special occasion ;o)

Lois said...

Congrats on completing the first block! What a lovely gift arrived for you.

Jane said...

One block down, 11 to go!!!
They're such gorgeous designs I think every block deserves a Happy Dance of its own, I'd so love the challenge of stitching Shores but just not sure I could cope with the enormity of it.
Wretched housework, it keeps creeping back again doesn't it, I try to ignore it but there it is waiting again for me, perhaps a little help from DH!!!! xxx

Christina said...

Anybody that tackles CHS Shores deserves a medal as far as I'm concerned! You're doing a fantastic job Myra, really good progress. (sorry, I sounded like a teacher then!)

Pointed Stitcher said...

Congrats on finished your first block on Shores. I love the gifts you received. I have housework to but I'm choosing to ignore it right now :)

Berit said...

Looking good! Also, there is NO need to apologize to any of us about such at thing--I for one totally understand! :D

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

How in the world I've missed some of your posts is beyond me (well, truth be told I don't get to check in everyday and they've blocked blogs at work - phooey!). Anyway, I am happy dancing with you on Shores, Myra. I agree that each block is an achievement. In fact, I couldn't get past the first block. Shameful, I know. And hey, your stitching is beautiful - absolutely gorgeous!

Love your Love pillow in the previous post, too. I went to the website but didn't see it. Would you mind sharing????