background

Saturday, January 1, 2011

And away we go...

The first day of 2011 is almost behind me and I am already tired!  I cooked the traditional New Year's Eve feast, took down all my Christmas decorations, cleaned a little, and did 2 loads of laundry.  I hope this isn't how the rest of 2011 will progress.  LOL

I am preparing to participate in the Totally Useless SAL Daffycat is hostessing.  For the past 2 years I had one container into which I put all of my ORTS and on December 31st I dumped it and started anew.  Here is what my jar looked like last night:
Not very fancy - I really need to find a more attractive container if I am going to be photographing this thing every month.

 Here is what they look like after dumping and fluffing.  LOL  Totally useless info and I don't blame you if you want to move along but that is what this is all about.  Join us in 2011, won't you?
 While digging through my scrap bin last week I found this hardanger ornament which had been stitched and nearly finished.  All I had to do to finish it up was stuff it, sew it shut, and add a hanger.  How it ended up in my scrap bin is beyond me but I am glad I found it.  It has probably been hiding in there for 10 years or more!
Remember this pattern?  Well since I have finished with it someone else needs to stitch it.  Would you like for that someone to be you?  If so, just comment on this post that you would like to have "Hare's Christmas" for your very own and I will draw a name next Saturday and send it on it's way.  I think you all know how much I enjoyed this pattern and I believe in spreading the joy.  :o)

I hope your 2011 is off to a good start.  It is going to be a good year for all of us, I just know it!

27 comments:

Jennifer said...

I too was in a cleaning mode today. However I know that this is NOT the way I will spend most of 2011. I would much rather stitch than clean!

Speaking of stitching, I would love to be considered for the pattern giveaway. I don't have many Christmas patterns, so this would be a great addition. After all, this was only my third Christmas! (I'm Jewish but Hubby is Christian, so we celebrate both......so much fun!)

Chris said...

I love the hard anger ornament! I know we all have pieces like that lurking around :)

Teresa S. said...

Isn't it fun when you find something unexpectedly? Nice ornament :) And please sign me up for the chart drawing. It is a cutie!

Catherine said...

Love the ornament!

We cleaned up Christmas this morning - it's amazing how empty the house looks at first!

I'd love to be entered for Hare's Christmas - your finish is adorable!

Best wishes to you for 2011 and thanks for all of your support!

CalamityJr said...

I'd love to be included in your drawing. That's such a fun piece!

shakatak66 said...

What a treat to rediscover a missing piece of your stitching history - it looks lovely :D Happy New Year to you and your family - I hope 2011 is full of wonder and joy.

If it's OK I'd also love to go into the draw for the Christmas hare chart, it's just too cute! :D

Wilma NC said...

DUH! What's an ORT? Love your things as usual.

Crispy said...

Love the hardanger ornament!! I'm with Wilma, what's on ORT? Well, I figure it's all the snippets from stitching but what do the letters mean? LOL

Crispy

Bonnie said...

LOL Myra. I don't think I am going to participate in TUSAL this year. I am the worst for keeping up with it. I am still saving my orts tho.

That is a cute Hardanger ornament.

I love the pom poms on Jingle.

Kathy A. said...

Happy New Year Myra.
How wonderful to find an ornament buried. It is so very beautiful done it.
YOur Hare's Christmas is just priceless. I would love to be entered in that drawing.
Next time you get that cleaning urge, girl, sit down and stitch. It will go away LOL.

natalyK said...

Myra, Your pile of thread orts reminds me of the pile I put out in the spring. I leave it out for the birds to line their nests. Last year when we cleaned out the bluebird boxes we found some of my thread clippings in there and it made me smile thinking that these little bits were useful to someone else. Happy New Year!

Blu said...

The Hardanger ornie is very cute! And Hare's Christmas is adorable!
I'll sit this drawing out.

Deborah said...

Love the ornament! I put all of my threads and the lint from my dryer out in the spring for the birds to make nests. It's always gone. I loved doing Hare's Christmas and passed my copy along as well.

Deborah said...

Myra, check out Paulette's blog, she posted a Hares freebie. Very cute.

Daffycat said...

Beautiful ORTs! Thanks for the shout-out!

Oooo, enter me for the silly bunny Christmas design, please!

Pointed Stitcher said...

I love your hardanger ornament and would love to be included the drawing for the "Jingle Jingle" chart. I almost bought it the other day but felt I had already spent too much money. Happy New Year.

Jill's Quirks said...

Love this chart & would like to be included in the drawing!

jill_sandberg@yahoo.com

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Myra,

Love the hardanger ornament! Happy that you finished it. I just joined in the TUSAL. Can you please email me and tell me more about it?
Hugs

Lois said...

What a sweet hardanger ornament! What a nice surprise to find it. I'd love to be entered in the draw!

Andrea said...

A lovely hardanger ornament.

I would love to be included in your draw. Many thanks.

Paulette said...

I love your blog! You don't have to include me in the drawing - I have a box full of this pattern sitting in my basement. ;) LOL

Paulette

Natalia said...

Myra, what does ORTS stand for??? I don't do that well with acronyms :-(
I would love to get your Hare's Christmas. I love it !!! Thanks for your drawing.

Pumpkin said...

What a sweet ornie!

OH YES! I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to stitch this pattern :o) Please put my name down and thank you Myra!

Ellen said...

Love that hardanger ornament!

The Hare's Christmas pillow looks gorgeous too! Would love to stitch it for myself.

Wishing you a wonderful 2011 with lots of stitching/sewing.

Hugs,

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Happy New Year Myra! The Jingle Jingle pattern is too cute! Don't put my name in the hat for the drawing. it would just be wasted on me. I just wanted to pop on and say hello!

Lisa Russell said...

A New Year with new things to accomplish! I hope to cross stitch more this year, I do love it! Your sweet ornament is beautiful and love the Jingle Jingle pattern!

Jan said...

Love the hardanger ornament--glad you found it!!!
happy New Year!