background

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Fun with a friend

Today I had the pleasure of meeting Chris of Tot Hill Farm Stitches for breakfast.  I am so glad I stumbled across her blog a few months ago - otherwise I would have never known there was another passionate stitcher living just minutes from me.  I had a great time getting to know her, talking about our lives, and discussing our stitching plans for 2011.  I have never met any of my blogging friends in person before and this was a real treat.  Of course, we both had gifts for each other.  :o)  I was thrilled when I opened my package to see this:
The area where we live is well known for it's hand thrown pottery and this is from a local artisan.  Isn't it just the sweetest?!  Thank you so much Chris - our meeting and your gift just made my day.  The breakfast was really good too but I ate way more than my usual cereal bar with milk. :o)

Here is a picture of my progress on Shores.  I am stitching this with DMC on 32 HDF Light Coffee Linen and am very pleased with my choices so far.

I did a quick recap of my stitching and sewing for 2010 - I had 40 stitching finishes and 22 sewing finishes.  I didn't count multiples of the same thing as in when I made a dozen of the birds or 8 of the small project bags so my sewing number was probably a little higher.  I really didn't realize I had accomplished so much last year, especially in the sewing area.  I attribute a large part of this to you, my dear friends and readers for all the compliments and encouragement you have offered throughout the year.  Thank you!

I have enjoyed visiting all your blogs this weekend and seeing your new starts.  You are all so inspiring!

14 comments:

Pointed Stitcher said...

Your "Shores" piece is looking really good.

Catherine said...

So nice that you were able to meet another blogger face to face! Lovely gift!!

Your start on HR looks wonderful!

Teresa S. said...

Your new stitching friend sounds like a winner-cute plate! Your finishes are impressive, plus your sewing too! Wow!

Lois said...

That is such a nice plate! Glad you had fun meeting up with a fellow blogger! Nice progress on Shores!

Chris said...

It was great meeting you too Myra!
Your progress is looking great!

Faye said...

I was thrilled to know you met Chris~~ I too would love to meet both of you since we are "friends" via blogging!! We all live so relatively close to one another!

This start is beautiful and I love the fabric you went with...Another winner I will be anxiously watching unfold this year~~

Take care, Faye

Carol said...

What a nice morning you had with Chris, Myra! There is just something about meeting fellow stitchers in person--you know you already have a huge common interest...

YAY for the start of Shores--I love your choice of fabric and I'm sorely afraid that you're going to be tempting me to stitch this myself as I watch your progress this year!! Best of luck with it :)

Bonnie said...

How great it was that you and Chris got together.
The plate is beautiful!
You are off to a great start on Shores. If I ever get through these 15 days I might stitch on mine a little. lol.
A pat on the back for all your 2010 finishes.

Crispy said...

How fun to meet a fellow blogger!! I've only met one but have plans on meeting two more this spring or summer.

It looks like you are off to a good start on the Shores piece :0)

Crispy

Kathy A. said...

Having a fellow stitcher close by is so encouraging. You will find that you stitch even more. Enjoy!

mainely stitching said...

What a sweet and personal gift!! :D

Wishing you a WONDERFUL new year! Good luck with Shores. That's one I really hope to pay some serious attention to this year!

Karen said...

The plate is just too cute! So glad you met another "web" friend...isn't it amazing how close we can be??

Great job on your finishes.... I can't wait to see all of your stitchy goodies this year!

happy stitching...

Pumpkin said...

Lucky you! I'd love to meet another stitchy Blogger :o) What a sweet gift she got you.

Nice start Myra!

shakatak66 said...

Isn't it wonderful to meet new stitching friends? And especially nice that you enjoy each others company :D That was a lovely gift that you received :)