background

Thursday, January 20, 2011

~~Love~~

"Love Freebie"
The Stitcherhood
32 ct pink linen   DMC 4140
While I was distracted from Shores with the heart sewing cases, I was also distracted by this new freebie by The Stitcherhood.  I had recently ordered a grab bag of ornament cuts on clearance at 123 stitch and had this piece of lovely rose colored linen I was wanting to stitch something on in brown floss for Valentine's Day.  I don't know why it had to be brown on pink but that was stuck in my head and nothing else was going to do.  This free pattern was perfect. 
I had this backing fabric in mind and it seemed to work perfectly as well.   A little coffee dyeing on some tiny white pom pom fringe and I had a finish!

Last week I had gifted Maria of the Stitcherhood with a couple of my zippered bags.  She wanted something to as she said "drag her stitching around with her" and I was happy to make a bag for her to use.  In return, she gifted me with 4 of her charts. 

Aren't they great?  I will have some fun with these - Lola especially likes the "Girls Best Friend".  :o)  Thank you Maria, these will keep me busy for a while. 

I had another not so pleasant visit to the dentist earlier this week.  It seems I am not brushing well enough at the gumline and had developed 3 cavities at the gumline on teeth that already had crowns!  UGH!  Sometimes I think dentures might not be such a bad idea.  While I was there I also had a cleaning which meant 2 hours total sitting in that chair.  I could have made a lot of progress on Shores in those 2 hours if  only I could have seen what I was stitching.  :o)

I hope you have all had a pleasant week.  Tomorrow is Friday!!  Whooo hooooo!

21 comments:

carol fun said...

Oh Myra - your Love piece is just perfect! I love the brown/pink combo and that edging treatment and the back fabric are just too cute!! Ugh - the dentist- one of my least favorite chores - I love how you automatically thought about how that time could have been spent more pleasantly -- LOL! Happy stitching --

Christina said...

The pom pom trim on your pillow is just adorable Myra.
You reminded me that I am overdue a visit to the dentist. It's free here in the UK during pregnancy and I know I should take advantage, but I just can't bring myself to make an appointment!!!

Elaine said...

Such a pretty finish Myra, just love the trim and backing fabric.
Enjoy stitching your new stash.

Jane said...

Beautiful stitching and finish Myra, perfect trim and fabric to complete. How lovely to receive FOUR charts, how will you choose which one to stitch first?
We can share our pains about Dentists, jelly and icecream gets a bit boring doesn't it?!!! xxx

natalyK said...

Myra, your finished piece is beautiful as always. Love the charts you were gifted with. Looks like lots of fun stitching in your future.

Carol said...

Oh your poor mouth! The thought of spending two hours in the dentist's chair sends chills up my spine, Myra! Hopefully you are done with him for a while...

Your little Valentine's piece is darling--I love the pink and brown combo. I know just what you mean about getting an idea in your head and having to go with it...

Hope your weekend is fun and relaxing (I have to work on Saturday--ugh!) and filled with lots of free time to stitch :)

Bonnie said...

I have been thinking about Valentines Day. I have but one ornament. Waaah!
Guess I better get busy, I like your Stitcherhood. Great finish.
How awesome to get all those charts. They all look like fun.

Maria said...

I should be thanking you.... I love the bags that you made for me! They are perfect for my traveling stitching!

As for dentists... I can commiserate. I once was in the chair for 3&1/2 hours! Ick.

Natalia said...

I love your freebie !! Great fabric color...

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Myra,
That love stichery turned out great. I love the backing fabric and the trim around it. Perfect!
So sorry to hear about your dentist visit. Hope the problem gets resolved.
Hugs and have a lovely weekend.

mainely stitching said...

What a great little freebie from The Stitcherhood! Thanks for sharing! :D

Catherine said...

Oh my! I don't like dentists and sitting in the chari for that long does not sound fun!

Your finish is so sweet! Last year I stitched some Valentines pieces in pinks and browns - I think I will continue that this year.

Great patterns you received!

Have a restful and stitch filled weekend!

Pumpkin said...

SO cute! Love what you did with the trim and the backing fabric :o)

Wow! That was nice of her :o) Lucky you!

Oh no :o( That sucks. I'm getting goose bumps just thinking of caveties...

Faye said...

Love that little freebie!!! And, you dyed tiny pompom trim is just perfect~~~ Good things happen to good people!!

Daffycat said...

Oh ~ how precious! Your stitching & finishing are perfect and I really love your color choices.

Littlebit said...

Myra, your finished piece is just darling! The pink and brown is so pretty together.

Pointed Stitcher said...

I love your ornie. Do you find the grab bags from 123 Stitch worth the money?

Irene said...

Love the ornament, trim and backing fabric are just perfect. Those are some nice patterns, I have Girls Best Friend to do as well.

Lois said...

Love how you finishes this sweet freebie! What nice patterns you received as a 'thank you'. Sorry to hear of your dental woes.

Lisa said...

Beautiful finish Myra, i love the fabric/thread combination you have chosen, I plan on stitching this one soon, hopefully I'll get it done on time

Lisa said...

i see I've already commented before but just love those stitcherhood charts especially girls best friend, how true that saying is!