background

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Weekend Sewing

My long time blogging pal Jen of Miss Punkie Pie and a few of her colleagues sponsored a "Bee Mine Blog Tour" last week.  There were 6 blogs participating and each one offered a cute project complete with tutorial as well as wonderful prizes.  Now you know I am all about cute, fast projects and knowing Jen's style I knew I would love what they had to offer.  Well don't you know I found several projects that went into my files for the future but there was one I knew I had to try to make right away.
"I Love To Sew Needlecase and Scissor Holder" by Carol

This is a picture of my versions as I was too lazy  busy to prepare a patchwork background and decided just to free motion quilt some pretty fabric and give it a go.  I added a pretty silver heart button to the pink one as well as a white safety pin and a "made with love" charm.  The rose one was the recipient of a rather large old MOP button with a brass safety pin and charm.  You can really tell I like to vary my styles, can't you?  LOL

This is what they look like when opened.  There is a wool felt needlebook and a heart shaped scissor pocket.  Wouldn't these make great Valentine's Day gifts?  They were super easy to make and the tutorial was excellent.  Thanks again Jen for participating and for letting me know about all these great projects and a big thank you to Carol for the wonderful scissor/needlecase instructions.  Jen's little pillow is on my to-do list as well.  My followers can expect one of these to appear in a giveaway very soon. 

If you have a minute you should pop over to Jen's blog and take a look at all the cuteness that she creates there, especially her cute little girl.  While you are at it, take a cruise through the blog tour.  You just might find a project (or three) that you just have to try.

17 comments:

Friendship Crossing said...

Those look so cute Myra! You did such a nice job on them ~ what cute gifts they would make.

I'll have to check out her blog real soon.

Thanks for sharing.

Tanya

Catherine said...

Oh how cute!! I love the pink on the inside!

Chris said...

Very sweet project Myra.
I hope that you are having a great week!

Faye said...

Thanks for sharing!! Something a little different...I like that~~
Take care, Faye

Bonnie said...

Wow! I like. We need to get away from cross stitch once in a while.

Pumpkin said...

Someone's all ready for Valentine's Day ;o) Cute project Myra and thanks for the link.

Tracey said...

These are precious! I love them!

Lana said...

Cute!!

Deborah said...

Love the little heart needlebooks! I think Cheryl and I will be making some of these.

Lois said...

What sweet heart finishes!

Deb said...

Those are wonderful!!! They look like a fun little project.

dixiesamplardesigns said...

How adorable, Myra...I love the pink one...and don't even like pink, LOL! The rose one looks so vintage too, love it!

Happy Stitchin'
Terri

Carol said...

Oh, how sweet, Myra, and perfect for this time of year. And I like your added little touches, too. I'm sure I could never get such perfect looking hearts--I can barely sew a straight line on my machine :)

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Thanks for the shout-out Myra!! And your needlebooks.... too cute!!

Elaine said...

Two darling needlebook finishes Myra!

CalamityJr said...

Those are perfect for the season, and you did a beautiful job!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Myra,

Wow I missed this post! These came out really lovely! Great job!
Hugs