background

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

Saturday I had the pleasure of meeting another online friend in person.  I first "met" Vera through Peggy Lee's blog and although Vera doesn't have a blog, she and I have been exchanging emails and she has been commenting on my blog for the past few months.  She had let me know she would be coming to NC this week on business and staying with a friend for the weekend.  We made plans to meet and do a little fabric shopping and have lunch. 

I had the best time with Vera and her friend Leslie and Leslie's friend Marilyn.  It was like we had all known each other for quite some time.  We went to a couple of fabric warehouses that sold mostly upholstery and drapery fabric and trims.  I have never seen so many fabrics under one roof!  Although I don't do anything with upholstery fabric I had a blast looking around and listening to the other three planning and choosing fabrics for their projects.   I did manage to find a few cottons - these were $1.00 each and with the exception of the blue toile they are all at least a yard of fabric.
You know I couldn't resist the birds and I am a real sucker for gingham checks.  The brown print is a Ralph Lauren Home fabric that I think will make a nice tote bag for the fall.  I spent a whopping $4.00 but the fun time I had with these ladies was priceless.  We had lunch at a wonderful little diner and the Gyro I had was delicious.

And doncha know we came bearing gifts.  :o)  Sweet Vera gave me this wonderful Orange Spice Soap, a notebook full of sticky notes, and this wonderful spa cloth that she made.  Do you see the flying geese pattern?  There was a bar of dark chocolate but it didn't last long enough for a picture.  :o) 

Thank you so much Vera, Leslie, and Marilyn for making a ho hum Saturday spectacular!  I am looking forward to the next time we can all get together for another excursion.  :o)

I have been puttering around in the sewing room today putting together some things for my Valentine giveaway.  Hopefully I will have pictures to show tomorrow.  I hope you all have a fabulous week!

18 comments:

Jan said...

Right on with those fabric purchases, Myra....I think they are beautiful. So glad that you had such an interesting and enjoyable outing with your new friends!

Peggy Lee said...

Myra I'm so glad you met Vera (and friends). Sounds like you had a wonderful day!

I love the blue toile!

Faye said...

Score!!! On those pretty fabs for very little moola!!! You girls had a blast for sure!!! And, I like that you described the chocolate in "past tense".....hahahahaha...

Have a good week Myra, Faye

April Mechelle said...

Alright !!! Great Find on those fabrics !!! So nice that you had a great time meeting new friends !!!

Deborah said...

Those fabrics are beautiful and only $4.00. WOW sounds like everyone had a nice day.

Kathy A. said...

It is always such fun to meet new friends and share experiences. Love those new fabric choices especially that blue toile. How can you beat that price? Have a great week Myra.

Crispy said...

How fun to meet new friends!! It sounds like you all had a blast. I LOVE the blue toile!!

Crispy

mainely stitching said...

This sounds like SUCH a lot of fun! :D

Catherine said...

What a fun time! Love those fabrics!

Dani - tkdchick said...

there is nothing I love more than meeting up with other stitchers. There have been very few people I didn't like.

Pumpkin said...

Sounds like an awesome day! It must have been so fun to meet those gals and what a great deal on the fabric :o)

Carol said...

What a deal on those gorgeous fabrics, Myra! And how nice to meet some new friends. The internet certainly expands our world doesn't it?!

Daffycat said...

That sounds like a grand time! The fabrics you found are just lovely!

Mary said...

What a wonderful day you had, Myra. Fabric, friends AND chocolate all in one day....it doesn't get much better than that:)
*HUGS*

Lisa said...

lovely fabric find, I'm glad you had a lovely day out with your friends, lovely gift you received

Lois said...

Sounds like you'd a lovely day. What nice fabric you found!

Siobhan said...

It sounds like you had a blast! Nice fabric finds!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Wow, that is wonderful that you met with some friends for shopping, lunch and sharing of surprises! The fabrics arfe lovely and the price unreal. :)
Hugs