background

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Chicken dinner doesn't have anything to do with this post - I just wanted to say it. 

Before I announce the winner did ya'll see that Mrs. Paulette Stewart her very self stopped by and commented on my blog?!  And did you see that she posted a picture of my Hare's Christmas finish on her blog?   I have to admit I felt like a rock star for about a second, then it was back to washing dishes and scrubbing the toilets.  :o)  But what really made me feel like a rock star is the fact that I have gained about 10 new followers in the past week!  I don't often pay attention to that little gadget thing but I saw some new pictures up there.  I haven't had a chance to visit all your blogs yet but I will get there.  Thank you for stopping by and caring enough to hang around for a while.  I promise to try to put something up here now and then to keep you interested.  ;O)

Oh yeah, the winner.  Ahem!  The winner of the Hare's Christmas pattern is Pointed Stitcher!  Congratulations and I hope you enjoy stitching it as much as I did.  Please email me with your address and I will get it in the mail on Monday. 

What do you think of my new header?  I spent about a bazillion hours trying to figure out how to make the background on that bird transparent and then fit it on the background with the frame.  I really love it but gee whiz!  Did it really need to take me so long?  I do hope you like it because it is going to be a long time before I attempt to make another one.  LOL

The weathermonkeys are calling for a blizzard of epic proportions to make it's way here Monday night.  Tee, hee!  I am planning pulled pork for the crock pot tomorrow with plenty of stitching to prepare for the worst!  I hope you are all warm and safe and crossing an X or two this weekend!

18 comments:

Pumpkin said...

LOL! Love the title of this post ;o)

Congrats to the winner! I'm going to sulk in the corner though... LOL! That is SO awesome that she put your piece on her Blog! Is your head too big to fit through the door now? ;o)

Great header Myra! I like it :o)

valerie said...

Pulled pork?! What time do I show up? Oh wait, a blizzard? Forget it! lol Keep warm and stay safe!

I saw you finish on Paulette's blog. Congrats! Love the new header too...

Pointed Stitcher said...

Thank you so much. I never win anything so this is very exciting for me.

I love the look of your blog!

CalamityJr said...

I noticed your new header right away because music ranks way up there with cross stitch for me, so I think it's wonderful and well worth all your effort!

Faye said...

Honey, you ARE a rock star!!!! The very own infamous to the maxanista Paulette would qualify anyone as a rocker fer sure!!~~

Now about the blizzard, I mean, slightly more than a dusting probably,
snow we in the central part of NC... I have my frig stocked waiting with bated breathe to have school cancelled Mon/Tues so I can get in more much needed stitch time~!~ YEAH!~

Happy playing, Faye

Bonnie said...

It was a pleasant surprise to open your blod and see the beautiful cardinal. you did a fantastic job.

Congratulations on your Hare's Christmas.

I am hoping the blizzard is not going to bring too much ice.

lol, the word verifation says notweet. Guess your bird is silent right now.

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

congrats to the winner but congrats to you too for having your finish on Paulette's blog - what fun! Love your new header - it looks great!

Keep warm and don't send snow to Michigan, please!

Jan said...

You have ARRIVED...Paulette is most definitely royalty...and to have her visit? That is fabulous!!!!

I love your header, especially that birdie, so please, please don't even think about changing it EVER!:) I just wish I was talented enough to do something like that!

Cole said...

Love your new header :)

Hope you stay warm and cozy! We've been hit hard too with 20+cm of snow in the last 24 hours and it's still coming down!!

Lois said...

Your new header looks great! Congrats to Pointed Stitcher and congrats to you on your finish being on Paulette's blog and what fun that she stopped by! Hope you don't get too much snow. Stay warm!

Carol said...

Great job on your new header, Myra! And there is a cardinal in it--perfect :) And your Hare's Christmas finish was definitely perfect, too--I saw it on Pauline's blog and was so excited!!

You're getting another blizzard--gosh, you've had more snow this year than we have up north. Hope you can just stay inside and stitch. Oh, if you get a chance, I would love your crock pot pulled pork recipe--it's one of my favorites!

Daffycat said...

The new header rocks, Myra!

Your Hare's Christmas finish was totally awesome...no wonder the Stitching Maven herself visited you!

Crispy said...

You are a star in my book anytime my friend, even when you are scrubbing the toilet....wanna come do mine so I don't have to today? LOL

Love your new header!!

Crispy

Catherine said...

Myra, you are so a rock star!! I was excited for you when I saw your finish on Paulette's blog.

Love the new header!

Stay warm and safe!

Robin (Samplerbird) said...

Myra, you are a rock star! Love your new header...it is so you! :) Congratulations to Pointed Stitcher on winning your giveaway.

What a coincidence, I happen to have pulled pork going in the crock pot today. Perfect dinner on a cold day, right? Enjoy!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congrats to your winner!

Chris said...

Hi Myra!
I hope you have had a good weekend and that you are ready for some snow!
I saw your finish on Paulette's blog :)

Be safe. Have a great week.

Berit said...

I'm not a bit surprised she put you on the blog--that finish is gorgeous my friend! :) Also, that pulled pork sounds delicious! Take care in that snow!