background

Friday, February 25, 2011

Good grief!

I knew it had been a while since I had posted on my blog but I didn't realize it had been this long!  Our workplace has been hit hard by the flu bug and short staffed for the past two weeks.  I have been exhausted each day after work and reading your blogs is about the most I could manage.  I have been keeping up with all of you but you will have to pardon me for not always stopping and leaving a comment.  Hopefully, the flu bug will move along and I can get back to my regularly scheduled programming.  :o) 

I have to share with you some goodies that arrived from dear Lisa .
I made her a project pouch several weeks ago and she sent this wonderful pin pillow as a thank you.  I just love the saying and the finishing and fabric and lace is just perfect.  She also sent me the "Boris" chart because I admired her finish on her blog.  And look at that cute little dog on the card she enclosed.  :o)  Thank you so much Lisa, I will treasure the pin pillow and can't wait to get stitching on Boris.

 I have managed to squeeze in a bit of sewing time.  My carry all bag that I drag back and forth to work with me is starting to show some wear so I decided to make a new one.  This is a free pattern by Monica at The Happy Zombie called the Poochie Bag. 
I also completed my first contribution to the Pumpkin Patch and Co. breast cancer fund.  I made a stitcher's portfolio that I think would appeal to quilters as well as stitchers.   For more information on the auction and this worthwhile cause you can head over to the blog and read more.  I am hoping it will get lots of bids.  :o) 

That is it for now my friends.  I hope to be back soon with a finish or two and wish you all a wonderful weekend!

20 comments:

Kathy A. said...

You have been a busy girl! Love your new bags.
Way to go!

Wilma NC said...

Wondered where you had been. Think I will make a poochie bag today with my winnings from Cotton Way.

Catherine said...

So glad to hear from you! I hope you manage to stay away from the nastiness going around our office!

What a sweet gift and I love the new bag you made!!

Hope you have a relaxing, stitchy weekend!

Faye said...

oOh Myra!!!! You new bag is just beautiful!! And, the stitchers portfolio was so inspiring to me, I have contacted Pumpkin to see how I can be a contriubutor to this wonderfully worthwhile cause.. The colors are just beautiful~~ Wonderful job, my friend! Hope your weekend is great and things calm down at work! Faye

Crispy said...

I hope you managed to dodge that flu bug!! I love your bag and the stitchers portfolio is bound to cause a bit of a bidding war :0)

Crispy

Daffycat said...

Love the pin pillow from Lisa ~ it's so darling!

Your portfolio bag is awesome, Myra. The colors are great. Someone will love it!

Carol said...

Oh, I hope you manage to avoid that awful flu, Myra. Try to get some extra rest this weekend and take time for yourself...

Wonderful pillow from Lisa--thank you for the link to her blog. Your bags are wonderful! I so admire your sewing/quilting abilities. I'm sure that stitcher's portfolio will command a lot of bids at the auction--it is fabulous :)

natalyK said...

Love both of the bags you created. They are gorgeous. I also love the gift you received. The pin cushion is darling.

Vonna said...

Stay well Myra...
Love the giftie from Lisa! And those bags...GORGEOUS ;)

Deborah said...

Great bags, Myra! The portfolio will do very well. I am sure. Wonderful gifts.

Jane said...

Gorgeous and pretty bags Myra, I would be scared to actually use them they are so beautiful I would just have them on display!
The gift from Lisa is lovely too and just perfect for keeping pins and needles.
Keep well and look forward to seeing your finishes soon xxx

Ranae said...

oh! nice package from Lisa
and I love that bag for the auction, the fabric is stunning

Teresa S. said...

As usual your stitching is just admirable! Both bags are beautiful!

Elaine said...

Was wondering where you had got to Myra hope you managed to miss that nasty bug yourself.
Love your new bag and the stitchy/quilt portfolio is so pretty I;m sure it will do well at the auction.
Pretty pillow and chart from Lisa.
Hugs!

Pumpkin said...

Lovely gifts :o)

Myra, you have outdone yourself! Your bags are beautiful and so well done.

mainely stitching said...

Great bag and lovely gifts! :D I hope things at work will go back to normal for you ASAP!

valerie said...

Hope you're relaxing this weekend! I'm wiped out too...surrounded by sick people. Love the pin cushion from Lisa and your bags are beautiful! Lve them...

Karen said...

Very nice goodies! Love your new bag too...very nice!

Pointed Stitcher said...

Nice gifts you received and love the bags ;)

Berit said...

Ooh; good going over here! Sorry to hear you've been battling group sickness at work, too.