background

Sunday, March 27, 2011

I Am On A Journey

I must have overloaded blogger with all my lovely pictures today.  Will try to post again tomorrow as this post just isn't the same without the visuals.  :o(

"A Stitcher's Journey" that is and I can't seem to get away from it!  This week this arrived:


And I have been painting and staining these:


 And stitching this:

Tulip House Stitching Companion - Blackbird Designs
30 ct Cafe Kona, GAST floss except for the bird motif,
I used WDW Dolphin. (This is destined to be a gift so the
button is used to hide the initial of the recipient. :o)

And then I had to stitch another of these:


Tulip Pincushion - Blackbird Designs
Fabric and Fibers same as above
And I have been cutting matboard and batting and fabric, oh my! I am having a grand old time in the sewing/craft room. LOL I have wanted some of the Briwax for quite some time and I finally broke down and purchased it. That stuff is messy and stinks to high heaven but it really does give a nice finishing effect if you want your piece to look "aged". The tin is more than I will use in a lifetime so if anyone needs a little bit (a little goes a long way), email me and maybe we can work out a trade.


My friend Vera attended a Mennonite Relief sale a couple of weeks ago and earlier this week these gorgeous fabrics arrived in my mailbox. There are lots of blues, some wonderful Christmas prints, a lovely bird FQ, a seashell FQ, and a couple of orphan blocks. I was surprised to see that the star block is also hand pieced. :o) Thank you so much Vera for thinking of me. You know these will be put to good use.

It is a cold, rainy day here in NC. The turnips, collards, and salad greens we planted last weekend have already sprouted and the rain will help speed their growth along. I am happy to report that work slowed down a bit this week and I "think" I may have regained my sanity. LOL

I hope you all had a great week and are enjoying a wonderful weekend. As for me...I have to get back to my "journey"!

~~This is my 2nd attempt at this post.  I can't seem to get the pictures to load on my computer.  :o(~~

9 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Hi hon. Love the post. None of your photos showed up however? Blogger being a pain today?

mainely stitching said...

Too bad the pics aren't showing up, but it's always great to hear from you!

Daffycat said...

Stupid blogger! It sounds as though you are having loads of fun on this journey, Myra! Doesn't it feel great to get all crafty?

I was able to see your photos with some judicious clicking...

The pretty Blackbird Designs finishes are wonderful! At first I was confused with the button then, I realized you were disguising!

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

I'll be looking forward to your updated post, Miss Myra! I am glad to hear that your sanity is well and in tact!

Crispy said...

I wonder why the pictures aren't showing. Yesterday I clicked on those buttons and the pictures came up so I read a little, clicked the button, saw the picture then went back to your blog. Very weird....

Crispy

Carol said...

Hope you can figure out the photo problem with blogger, Myra! I am able to click on the little squares and see your lovely new fabrics so at least I have a little idea of what your week has revolved around. I'll be back to check later on to see if your photos are finally showing :)

Pumpkin said...

It seems like a lot of people had problems with their pictures yesterday :o(

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Oh Myra,

I can't see the pictures! :(
Hope you can upload them soon.
Hugs

Karen said...

I had trouble too. Hope it will work soon!