background

Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Little Birdie Told Me

If I would give him a nest he would become a pincushion.
And he did!   :o)   It was another one of those light bulb moments while strolling through Hobby Lobby.  I ran across these nests and the rest is history.  I was at HL again today and found the card boxes featured in BBD A Stitcher's Journey.  Two of those came home with me along with paint.  I am really happy that Barb and Alma shop at Hobby Lobby - these boxes were only $1.99 and with a 40% off coupon I paid $1.29 each, the paint a mere .69 cents!  Now to make them into something someone will treasure.

It was a glorious spring day here - 72 degrees with bright sunshine.  DH and I planted turnips, mustard, cilantro, and lettuce.  We also picked up the bazillion sticks in our yard and serviced the lawnmower.  Rain is expected tomorrow so I expect lots of sewing to be done here.

14 comments:

Cindy's Stitching said...

The bird is adorable. The fabric is amazing. What a great piece of work you did.

Berit said...

Sounds like a wonderful outdoorsy day! :)

Ah, Hobby Lobby. We don't have 'em here in NJ; tell me, do they still carry fabric?

Deborah said...

I didn't have weather in the 70's nor do I have Hobby Lobby. I am jealous. Love the bird.

Blu said...

What a clever idea! Love way the orientation of the fabric makes it look like a camouflaged bird.

Crispy said...

I love the bird Myra!! You are so clever, I would have never thought of this :0)

Crispy

Carol said...

Your creativity continues to amaze and inspire me, Myra! I love the blue and yellow pincushion bird. Sure wish we had Hobby Lobbies near us...

Sounds like a wonderful day outdoors yesterday. You sure got a lot accomplished--today you need to reward yourself with some sitting and stitching :)

Julianne said...

Myra,

Your bird is so pretty! I love the fabric you used and the nest is the perfect accent for him.

Great timing with your planting. We've been having a lot of rain here. I'm ready for some sun.

Kathy A. said...

That is just soo cute. You have the best ideas. I think I have that pattern somewhere? Hmmm - now where in my stash is it ROFL.
Sending hugs

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Oh Myra,

Your two pincushions are lovely! I love the bird one, it looks so cute in the nest.

Hugs

Lois said...

What a cute bird! Nice find at Hobby Lobby. I don't have one in my part of the world. Wish I did!!!

Pumpkin said...

Your little bird is adorable Myra! The nest just adds more cuteness ;o)

We're supposed to have snow tomorrow :o(

Sharon said...

This is just the sweetest little fellow ever! What a clever idea - I'm glad that you were so creative and gave him a new home. :)
Enjoy the weather - sounds lovely!

Deb said...

It's wonderful! I never thought to put one of those birds in a nest. It would certainly make sense to do that though. And thanks for the heads up on Hobby Lobby. I just got my coupons in my email, so I think I'll be making a visit. Love your bird!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Very cute!!