background

Thursday, March 3, 2011

TUSAL & Stuff

 It is the new moon and time to show off those orts!  Here is mine.  Not a lot to show as stitching time has been very limited this month.  I hope to add quite a few more in March.  :o) 
 I indulged in a little retail therapy last month and purchased a metal ornament tree from Improvements Catalog.  Belinda had posted a picture of her large tree on her blog and it was just the sort of thing I had been searching for.  I plan to use it to hang my summer/patriotic ornaments as well as using it for a fall and halloween stitching display.  This one is about 3 foot tall and will hold 36 ornaments.  I'd better get to stiching if I want to come close to filling it up this year.
I just can't resist these Plum Street Samplers hares.  :o)  I finished stitching "Hare's Lucky Day" and made a hanging pouch.  I still think it needs a little something more along the bottom so I plan to make another pair of yo-yo's to put on the bottom corners.  I have been looking for some pretty dried or silk flowers to put in it but haven't found the right ones yet.  Maybe I can do that this weekend.  I changed the color of the bunnies to white and used a green in place of ecru on the little girl's dress.

I hope you are all having a good week.  I have lots more to blog about but haven't had the opportunity to take pictures, maybe that can happen this weekend too.  I have lots to do this weekend including working 1/2 day on Saturday.  Taxes, FAFSA, cleaning, sewing, stitching.......wish me luck!

20 comments:

CalamityJr said...

Those hare design are so cute, and I really like your changes. Maybe you'll even end up having enough spring ornaments to use your tree sooner - this could carry over to Easter!

Deborah said...

Lucky is great. I love the changes. The yo-yo's are really cute.

Catherine said...

Your Hare funish is adorable!! I'm sure you'll have enough ornaments to cover that tree andthen some!!

CATHI said...

Very nice finish! And the ornament tree is gorgeous! :o)

Cathi

Vinniey said...

What a gorgeous ornament tree! Beautiful stitching and the green yo-yo's are too cute. Have a wonderful week. :)

Crispy said...

Oooo great tree!! It's going to look wonderful filled with all your pretty ornaments :0)

Crispy

carol said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol said...

Oh, your ornament tree looks perfect, Myra--it will be wonderful to see it filled with patriotic finishes in July and spooky/scary finishes in October. What fun you'll have filling it up through the years!

That is so funny because I pulled out "Lucky" to stitch this week, too. Unlike you, I never got around to it, but yours looks wonderful. I like the color changes you made to the hares clothing and those little yo-yo's are perfect. Wonderful little finish :)

Hope you manage to squeeze in a bit of stitching time this weekend--you sure sound like you have your hands full...Good luck!

Wilma NC said...

I need one of those trees, but then I would have to start making ornaments to put on it....

staci said...

LOVe the way your Hare's Lucky Day turned out! And that ornament tree is wonderful...have fun filling it!

Pumpkin said...

Very cute! I love her bunnies :o)

I wanted to buy one of those trees but really wanted the HUGE one. But after some measuring, I don't think it would fit in our house! LOL! Glad you got one :o)

Elaine said...

Oh I love your tree Myra and your Hare finish is just adorable!
Hope your week-end isn;t too stressful and you get the change to relax and stitch, hugs!

Christina said...

Oh I love your tree Myra! I'm going to have a look at the catalogue now to see if they ship internationally...fingers crossed!!!

Kathy A. said...

That is such a cool tree - love it!!!
I hope you can get in some stitching time!

Irene said...

Love the tree, can't wait to see it decorated. Also Love your hare, I just finished stitching this one. Aren't they just the cutest little family.

Lois said...

What a cute finish for Hare's Lucky Day. This is such cute freebie. I love your ornament tree. Can't wait to see it filled with lots of your lovely finishes. Hope your weekend isn't too stressful!

Measi said...

Lucky looks adorable - and great progress on your TUSAL jar. :)

I saw Belinda's tree but haven't bought it yet - still trying to get my house organized so I have a proper place to display it!

Daffycat said...

Nice ORTs!

I love your ornament tree! I can't wait to see it filling up!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

OOOOOO. I like that tree!

Lisa x said...

oh wow, i love the metal tree ornament holder, i wish we had these in the uk
your lucky ornament is looking great love how you finished this one, i think i might have to lookout for those hare patterns, as they are so cute