background

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

One More :o)




"Birds and Berries Pinbox"
Blackbird Designs - A Stitcher's Journey
30 ct WDW Baby's Breath - GAST and CC flosses



I had a tough time getting a good picture of this one.  I took a dozen pictures both inside and outside and this is the best of the bunch.  I couldn't seem to get a picture that showed the beauty of the design while at the same time letting you see the painted/distressed/waxed box.  I am enjoying the painting and waxing of the boxes for these projects almost as much as I am enjoying the stitching.

If you haven't commented on my previous giveaway post, you still have time.  The winner will be selected tomorrow evening.  Good luck everyone!

Only 2 more days till the weekend my friends! 

19 comments:

Deborah said...

You have been very busy! Love this finish.

Blu said...

Lovely finish!

That plate looks really cool. If only I could see more...

JOLENE said...

The third picture is full of charm. I love the plate it goes perfectly with the colors in the pincushion. Lovely job, Myra! Smiles...

Crispy said...

I agree with the others, that plate is wonderful as is your pincushion :0)

The Blackbird Design ladies sure do have a distictive style, I knew it was one of their patterns when I saw the first picture....love their stuff.

Crispy

Sherry said...

How lovely! It looks so delicate.

Carol said...

You have been as busy as a bee, Myra--must be your back is finally feeling better. I'm so glad!! Love your newest pinbox...where do you find the black pins? I've looked at Joann's but had no luck...

Wishing you a delightful Easter weekend :)

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

These are lovely! You are doing a great job painting and waxing the boxes. Love the destressed look.
The stitching perfect as always!
Hugs

Karen said...

You're just killing me! I haven't had time to "play" with my wax yet and your posts are making it even more difficult!!!!

Great finishes as always...

Pumpkin said...

Very creative finish Myra! You're on fire girl ;o)

Teresa S. said...

Your finishes get more charming and creative as you go. Keep it up, Myra!

How about a tutorial on how to paint and wax a box? Are the boxes cardboard?

Catherine said...

Myra, your finish is absolutely adorable!!

Vonna said...

It is beautiful Myra :)
Gorgeous work!

Angela P said...

Such a beautiful finish, I love it!

pam1228 said...

I love the way this BBD turned out. Great finishing.
I have this on my "to do" list and hope to start soon.

mainely stitching said...

How did you get this to come out looking so perfect?? I've been trying to do something very similar, but mine just looks ... lumpy and wrinkly!

Great job! :D

Lois said...

Gorgeous Myra!

Pat Matejcek said...

It is beautiful Myra. Have a blessed Easter. Pat

Sally said...

A very pretty finish Myra:)

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Lovely! Happy Easter!