background

Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Purse, A Pincushion, and TUSAL

We finally have some lovely weather in NC today so I headed outside to take some pictures.

 A couple of weeks ago I set out to make myself a "springy" handbag.  Having fallen in love with the Bliss fabric line from Moda I just had to order a charm pack and get to it.  I used the "Charming Handbag" pattern
from http://www.modabakeshop.com/ with a few modifications.   I think these colors are just perfect for spring.
I believe Carol of The Polka Dot Chicken and I are in the same frame of mind when it comes to spring colors and fabrics.  This lovely pincushion arrived in my mailbox last week.  Don't you just love the fabrics she used?  I just love it - it is large and filled with crushed walnut shells so it won't scoot around on my sewing table.  I couldn't resist putting those flower pins in it for the photo shoot.  :o)  Thank you so much Carol, I am just thrilled with it and have it sitting on my sewing table awaiting my next sewing project.

 This is the card Carol enclosed with the pincushion.   It is "almost" as pretty as the pincushion!

 Here is my ort jar for this month.  Quite a few new additions from my feverish stitching of the new Blackbird Designs. 
 If my pictures seem a bit wonky it is because my trusty assistant was helping me with staging.  :o)  He thought batting the ort jar off the table was loads of fun.

I hope you are all having a glorious sunny Sunday!

22 comments:

Nancy said...

Love your new spring bag, such happy colors! The pin cushion is cute too!

You sure have been a busy stitcher!

carol fun said...

Thank you Myra for your kind comments about the pincushion - it looks so arty on that branch. I have to get some to those cute pins for me. I did make the card too, another hobby that I love. Pretty paper and fabrics are just irrestible. I love your Bliss bag- now that is SPRINGY! I love the red/aqua/pink combo. Hope you week continues sunny and warm - take care!

Jane said...

Your bag and pincushion gift are screaming SPRING at me very loudly ~ such happy colours, they just make you feel good looking at them.
I love your sewing skills, your bags and other creations are a pleasure to look at.
Lovely pic of Ziggy in the sunshine. xxx

Daffycat said...

Your new purse is really pretty. That would be fun to carry ~ everyone will ask, "Where did you get that?"

A lovely pinpillow from Carol. I do like walnut shell filling!

I hope that ORT jar is plastic if Ziggy insists on batting it around!

Pointed Stitcher said...

The bag you made is beautiful and so is the pincushion you received ;)

Deb said...

I just love your bag and I recognize the fabrics - Bliss. Those are just so bright and cheery that you have to smile looking at them. Love the pincushion you received too - those are also some fun fabrics.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

LOVE that bag! And the pin cushion is so pretty too!

Irene said...

Love the bag and pincushion ! I'm so ready for spring, we are having lots of rain.

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

What a wonderful bag, Myra and the pincushion is darling - what a sweet gift.

Chris said...

HI Myra! I hope you had a great day off. It was beautiful :)
The purse and pincushion are wonderful an your assistant looks like he has a little bit of an attitude :)
Have a great week.
We need to get together soon!

Berit said...

So springy--lovely! That Ziggy is a card!

Catherine said...

Myra, your bag is fabulous!! I am lucky to also have one of Carol's pincushions - aren't they great! Ziggy is too funny!

Carol said...

Such a bright and cheerful new bag, Myra--and it will always be a one-of-a-kind, too :)

Carol's pincushion is so cute, too--she obviously knows what you like!

Oh, I just want to hug that Ziggy--he is such a cute kitty. No sun up here once again--we're still waiting for spring...none of our daffodils have even bloomed!

Ziggyeor said...

Great bag and don't you just love ort helpers!

The pin cushion is adorable.

Crispy said...

Cute bag Myra!! Love the pin cushion too :0)

At least Ziggy didn't break the jar for you LOL

Crispy

Blu said...

Love the bag!

I'm so jealous Myra. You're just whipping out all these lovely finishes and I'm just sitting here and drooling!

Kathy A. said...

Such a pretty little spring bag. Nice job Myra.
Love your ort assistant!

Friendship Crossing said...

Love your new handbag Myra! I love those springy colors! I, too have been in the mood for sewing lately and am in the midst of making a zippered bag and some other goodies. I will try to post them soon. LOL

Tanya

Dani - tkdchick said...

I Love your furry black assistant! I have one too, and I absolutely adore him!

What a lovely spring bag!

Lois said...

I just love your bag Myra - perfect for this time of year. What a bright and beautiful pin cushion you received! Such nice colours. I love how Ziggy is helping you out with your orts!!

Pumpkin said...

What a lovely bag Myra! I'm going to 'attempt' one so we'll see how well I do ;o) LOL!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://dcxvssh.com]HbQBOACXeNSPN[/url] - yORCiEaSDCaGr - http://hhmgziigpu.com