background

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Friends :o)

Yesterday I drove to Siler City to meet Faye for some serious bargain shopping.  We arranged to meet at Lynne's, a small fabric and trim shop with great prices.

When I arrived, Faye was already getting busy.  :o)

 This place is packed floor to ceiling with any kind of trim you can imagine. 
 There are also ribbons, zippers, buttons - you name it, Lynne's probably has it.  You might have to dig around a bit but I'll betcha it's there.
 She has upholstery trims and upholstery fabric as well as quilter's cottons such as Moda.  I love digging through the buttons.  Where else can you find a card of buttons for 60 cents?
 Lynne is an accomplished bow maker.  Most of the people coming in to her shop are there to have bows made.  She makes bows for mailboxes, doors, wreaths, weddings, and parties.
 After about 90 minutes, Faye and I were drunk on trims, fabric, and fun.  (What did I think was so funny???)
With our wallets a little lighter we headed to a nearby cafeteria for lunch.  Thanks Faye for a great morning filled with friendship and fun!  I am already looking forward to the next time we can get together.  :o)

22 comments:

Carol said...

Oh, what a place, Myra--I would love rooting around in all of those trims, ribbons, and buttons. I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit with Faye, too--you both look delighted to be there! What did you end up going home with?

Terrie - The Stitch Store said...

I've heard so much about that store but never ventured over there. And since I don't do any sewing, really didn't even have a reason to. It's so nice to get together with friends no matter what you're doing :)

Catherine said...

How fun that you and Faye finally got together! And what a place! I'm afraid I would have come out with bags of stuff. You'll have to share a picture of all the goodies you bought!

Wilma NC said...

I used to drive through Siler City all the time when we lived in Chapel Hill.Brings back memories.

Deborah said...

What a great place.I could have spent hours in there. What did you buy? You need to post a picture. Looks like you and Faye had a great day!

Jackie said...

I think I'd be overwhelmed! What goodies did you get?

Mouse said...

ohh wow all those trims and ribbons n buttons .. ooo I would be in 7th heaven ..lol .. glad you had a lovely time :) love mouse xxxx

Faye said...

Those pictures tell it all Myra~~ Thanks again for a special day!!

♥marylin♥ said...

oh my friends your beautiful !

have a good day

valerie said...

How fun you got to meet Faye! That shop looks amazing..you can totally lose yourself there. So many trims!

Berit said...

Trims AND moda?! If there's such a place around here I don't know of it! :D

What an awesome trip--thanks for sharing!

Nancy said...

That is quite a shop...what fun to dig through all those trims! Glad you and Faye had a nice meet up!

carol fun said...

What a wonderful way to spend the day - great shopping and great friends!

Chris said...

Wow Myra!
I need to toto Lynne's?
It looks like you guys had fun!

Stitching Noni said...

Hi Myra, looks like you and Faye had the best of day's out! How wonderful to meet up with a blogging buddy! Wow, what a shop! If I went in there I would think that I had died and gone to heaven! Thank you for sharing your day out and the pics!

http://firefliescatsinthegarden.blogspot.com/

Karen said...

what fun! OMG i would get lost in that store! I would have had to leave my wallet,my car, etc in exchange for everthing. LOL

Crispy said...

OMGosh!!! That place is PACKED with stuff!!! I hate to admit it but I would have gone running from the store...my sense of organization would have gone into overload LOL.

Crispy

Pumpkin said...

OH WOW! That would have been a stitcher's heaven! No wonder you were high with happiness ;o)

Andrea said...

Oh wow, great place. Do you think she ever does any stock-taking?!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Oh Myra, that is my kind of store! Since I read your post I have been daydreaming of running my fingers through all that Stuff! LOL
Hugs and I can see you had a Fantastic time.

Martha said...

WOW - I wish i had a store like this near me --- does she have a website --- love your stash..

mygatheringplace said...

Happy to see you!
In this shop, i should be crazy!
Good day from France.