background

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

TUSAL & A Finish

"Orts - A New Perspective"

LOL  Don't you just love it when I go all artsy on you?  I thought my TUSAL pics were becoming a little boring so I decided to change it up a bit.  I think they look much prettier when viewed from this angle.  :o) 

The blue ribbon trimmings in my ort jar were from this little freebie.  I finished the stitching a couple of weeks ago but just now completed it as a pillow ornament.  This was a really quick stitch and will make a nice addition to my tree.

I am happy to report that I am the proud new owner of a new heat pump system!  Gosh, I have been such a grump the past couple of weeks.  Who knew no A/C could do that to you?  I promise to return to our regularly scheduled programming, and blogging, and emailing now that my butt isn't firmly ensconced in front of the fan. 

I know there is lots happening in the world but please keep those here in NC and those in Alabama who were hit so severely by the recent tornadoes in your thoughts and prayers.  They are still digging through the rubble that used to be their homes.

13 comments:

Nancy said...

Like that new perspective on orts!

So glad you got your new heatpump installed. I get grumpy when it's hot too plus it makes it so hard to do any stitching when your hands get sweaty. Enjoy the cool air!

April Mechelle said...

Myra glad you are cool now!!! After this rain in Bama today our temp went from 74 this morning to 53 this afternoon. Brrrrr. When it comes your way.. you may have to turn that heat on !!! lol Love the Freebie finish!! I nned to start stitching summer things...

carol fun said...

Love this little ornament - your finishing is perfect! Glad you got the AC situation fixed - I am not a happy camper if I'm not comfortable. I love my creature comforts. happy stitching!

♥marylin♥ said...

very beautiful !
have a good day

Sally said...

A lovely finish Myra.

Just catching up a bit. Looks like you had a fantastic time with Faye!

Pumpkin said...

What a sweet finish Myra!

Glad to hear you're cooler now ;o)

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Love the Liberty ornament!
Hugs

Faye said...

You got a heat pump system for Motherds Day???!!! I go a riding lawn mower!!!! Aren't we the pair!!! Take care, Faye

Catherine said...

Congrats on the pump system!! Isn't having the right temperature the best! Sweet finish! I have to do some patriotic smalls - I don't have any yet to put around for decoration - guess I need to get busy!

Pointed Stitcher said...

Your Liberty finish is beautiful.

Michele said...

Love your Liberty finish! Way cute :)

Daffycat said...

I love this TUSAL photo. Beautiful colors in your ORT jar, Myra!

Liberty said...

Un coussin pour moi car mon pseudo est Liberty :-)))

http://leblogdeliberty.canalblog.com