background

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Progress

I am thoroughly enjoying the Birds Of A Feather Mystery by With My Needle And Thread.  I am using the 35 ct WDW Confederate Grey linen and DMC floss.  Here is my progress as of today:

 I was very surprised that several of you emailed me to ask for my DMC conversion so I tried to take better photos this time to actually show the colors of the floss.  The DMC colors I am using for Part 1 are 422, 3858, 3363, 3802, and 370.  The 370 is what I am planning to use for the straight border stitching - that may change once I get a few stitches on the linen and see how it "plays" with the other colors.  I hope to have Part 1 finished before Part 2 arrives. 

I visited a couple of thrift stores this week but came out empty handed.  I am always on the hunt for interesting frames and flower frogs.  I did manage to find a couple of cute things at the dollar store to add to my patriotic decor.


For $2.00 each I couldn't pass these up and both were surprisingly well made.  I love the little box as is but I can't help but think what a stitched piece would look like on top.  Maybe the July heart from Prairie Schooler's A Prairie Year?   Or perhaps Aury's latest freebie?  Decisions, decisions.  I may have to snag a couple more of these, with the white box a Christmas piece would look nice on top as well.

I hope you spent the weekend doing exactly what you wanted to do.  Have a great week!

23 comments:

Catherine said...

Great stitches and finds!

Daffycat said...

Oh my, you have made progress. Your new start looks fab, Myra. I do like the colors you are using.

LOVE that patriotic basket...2 dollars? Can't beat that!

valerie said...

Great progress Myra...you're really moving along!

Karen said...

I saw Amy's and Charlene's Birds of A Feather yesterday and it is so pretty! Trying to resist the urge to buy this one!

Thanks for sharing the freebie too....don't know how I missed this one.

Great finds too.... happy stitching.

Mary said...

I love the colors you're using in the Mystery Sampler Myra. You've made a lot of progress on it so far.

Isn't the Dollar Store just full of ideas? Sometimes the most inexpensive things are the most fun. (Remembering my babies playing with the boxes at Christmas...instead of the gifts!)

Thanks for the link to Aury....how could I forget THAT freebie? Isn't it pretty?

Have a good week ahead my friend!

*HUGS*

mainely stitching said...

Oh my goodness, that's looking so pretty!

Carol said...

I can see why you're loving stitching the Mystery Sampler so much, Myra--it really is gorgeous! How large will it be (or is that a mystery, too?).

I love dollar stores--I'm always amazed that they can sell some of these things so cheaply. Your patriotic box and basket are both so cute...

Thanks for the link to the new patriotic heart, too--I hadn't seen that one. Do you have your tree up yet :)

Deborah said...

The mystery smpler is beautiful. Love the finds. The box is great.

Mouse said...

love the mystery sampler .. looks lovely the colours you have chosen and those little finds are really cute :) take care and happy stitching :) love mouse xxxxx

Crispy said...

Oooo I have a feeling this is going to be a beautiful piece!! I love prowling the antique malls but often come home empty handed. I think you idea of covering the box is a great one :0)

Crispy

♥marylin♥ said...

juste merveilleux !
adorable !

bisous bisous

Pumpkin said...

You're doing a fabulous job on this piece Myra :o) I can't wait to see more of it.

Those are some cute pieces!

Pointed Stitcher said...

Your mystery sampler looks great. My friend just bought this pattern and it was tempting for me to get it also, but I had enough self control that I didn't ;). I'll watch others stitch it.

Andrea said...

Wonderful stitching and what bargains!

Deb said...

Your piece is coming along great. I didn't use DMCs on this but got the GAST threads. A bit off the norm for me as I mainly use DMCs!

Jan said...

Your new piece is awesome -- working over one thread has to be really hard! Love the basket and little box!!

Jan said...

Your new piece is awesome -- working over one thread has to be really hard! Love the basket and little box!!

Lois said...

This is looking so nice. I resisted signing up for it but now I'm starting to think that I should have! Great finds too!

Ellen said...

Great progress, love your colors!

Love that basket and box too, great finds!

Hugs,

Sally said...

Love your progress Myra. Your DMC colour choices are lovely.

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Myra,

Just catching up here! Love your New Fourth of July ornaments and the Bright color Maggie's. :)
You know I love your stitching and that Halloween one is precious!
Hugs

Donna said...

Thrift Store shopping is my favorite. I think I need to go soon!!HAHA. Cant wait to see more of your stitching

Lisa said...

your Birds of a feather is looking wonderful, thanks for posting your conversion, I am waiting patiently for my copy to arrive from the states

oh I love the little basket and at 2$ it's an amazing bargain