background

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Road Trip!

I met Chris this morning for breakfast and then we headed down the road for a little retail therapy.  :o)   Our first stop was Lynne's in Siler City for some inexpensive linen, fabric, and trims.  Chris bought the linen and fabric - I escaped with just a few trims. 

We then headed down the road a bit to the orchard.  Not a whole lot happening there yet but we did pick up some fresh corn, blueberries, and I snagged a couple of tomatoes.  I can't believe I didn't take any pictures.  I had my camera but completely forgot about it!  I was having so much fun talking and looking it just didn't even cross my mind.

 Isn't this ornament just the cutest?!  Chris gifted me with it and the wonderful apple scented hand soap below.  She also gave me this cute little fall pattern that she just finished stitching.  I promptly hung the ornament on my summer/patriotic tree and I just can't stop admiring it.  Thanks Chris for lovely gifts but mostly for the lovely friendship and time spent together today.  I am already looking forward to the next time. 
We had a new visitor to our yard last week:
We have lived here 3 years and this is the first one I have seen.  I am just hoping he doesn't find his way into my garden - I hear they really like tomatoes.  Despite the drought here, my tomatoes and cucumbers are thriving.  I expect to be picking my first cukes sometime this week and I may even get a cherry tomato tomorrow.

I hope you are all having a good weekend.  I am about to settle in on the sofa for a movie and lots of stitching on the Mystery Sampler.

10 comments:

♥marylin♥ said...

Oh very lovely
I love the bleu bird

have a good day my friend !

cette broderie est vraiment très jolie, j'adore l'oiseau bleu !
je vous souhaite une bonne journée mon amie !
marylin de France

Mouse said...

ooo sounds like you had a fab time :) love your little ornament it is gorgeous and ooo a tortoise cute :) take care and happy stitching :) love mouse xxxxx

Crispy said...

What a lovely gift from Chris and what you gave her is fab too (yep I went to check out her blog and also saw her piece from the pattern she gave you). It's always fun to hang out with a like minded friend :0)

Crispy

Simple Pleasure said...

Your day with Chris sounded delightful...ah, the simple pleasures in life! The ornament is just perfect...I would love to see a posting of your summer/patriotic tree:+)
Busy Hands...Happy Heart
Patricia

Chris said...

Please post a pic if your tree!

Nancy said...

What a nice gift you received! Love that little ornament! Very nice trims you bought too! Glad you and Chris had a fun day!

Friendship Crossing said...

Love all your goodies, but esp. the bluebird w/the cherries @ how cute!

Sounds like you had such fun!

Tanya

Christina said...

I read about your little adventure on Chris's blog - sounds like you had a great time.
Your new trim looks lovely - I look forward to seeing on some of your finishes.

Pumpkin said...

Sounds like a fun day Myra! What a sweet ornament that Chris made for you :o)

LOL! Love your visitor!

Catherine said...

Sounds like fun!! Wonderful goodies!!