background

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Where Oh Where....

...have I been?  Why outside of course!  With summer upon us and the grass and garden growing like crazy it seems every spare moment I have has been spent outside.  Last week we had storms blow through 2 nights in a row and the wind did major damage to our tomato plants.  We no sooner got them all staked and tied back up and another storm rolled through and it was the same thing all over again.

We made our first trip of the season to the orchard today.  Not a lot happening there yet but I did manage to score some fresh green beans and these blackberries.
Aren't they huge?!  And seedless too.  :o)  I just pulled a big ole cobbler out of the oven and can hardly wait to dig in.

When we arrived home I checked the mail and was thrilled to see a package from Lois.  I sent her one of the boxes for the BBD Stitchers Companion and she sent me all this in return.

A wonderfully cute sheep magnet from Dublin, a gorgeous crocheted brooch (I wish you could really see the lovely button in the center), a wonderful Tra La La Sampler pattern, and the most fabulous Irish Quilt Magazine.  (Shhh, don't tell but there is a recipe in there for Chocolate Truffles that uses Bailey's Irish Cream!)  Thank you so much Lois as I just love it all and it tickles me pink that it is all from Ireland.  :o)

There was another package in my box from my dear friend Norma.  Norma is a wonderful artist and I always know when I see a package from her it will be something she made and a one of a kind original. 

Check out this dapper fellow she made for my Patriotic tree!  He is hand drawn and painted and will make a wonderful addition to my tree.  Thank you so much Norma.

On the stitching front I have been steadily stitching on the Mystery Sampler.  I should finish up the floral border tonight and will only have the straight cross stitch borders to finish before part 2 arrives later this week.    I love what I have seen in the sneak peek of part 2.  :o)

Off to grab some of that cobbler now.  Happy Hump Day everyone!

21 comments:

Jan said...

What time is dessert and coffee?---I'll be over!!!! Cobbler sure sounds good!!!

Faye said...

hmmmmmm...Do I smell blackberry cobber??? I think I do!! Good Lord woman, those are the biggest juciest berries I have ever seen~ Enjoy, Faye

dixiesamplardesigns said...

Oh, those look delicious!! Enjoy your cobbler my friend.

What sweet goodies you received from dear friends...very nicely done ladies!

Donna said...

the cobbler sounds delicious. Mmmm!! Have some for me

carol fun said...

Those berries look yummy - and your goodies are great too! Love Uncle Sam - what a wonderful addition to your tree.

Deb said...

Those berries look so good. And cobbler sounds even better!

And sweet goodies you received!!

Carol said...

I was wondering where you were, Myra!! Sounds like you've got your hands full between the grass, garden, and wild winds. Hope those tomato plants are okay.

What wonderful goodies from Lois and Norma--I'll bet you wish every week was a good mail week like this one :)

Enjoy your cobbler--blackberries were always my dad's favorites and he would have loved those beauties...

Catherine said...

So glad to see a post from you! Sorry to hear about the nasty storms messing with our plants - ugh! Those berries are amazing - but I bet the cobbler is even better!!

April Mechelle said...

Is there any cobbler left Myra ?? Sounds great !! I love all those gifts your received !!! Can't waitto see all of the Mystery Sampler complete !

Lois said...

SO glad you liked everything Myra and what a lovely gift from Norma! Those berries look so tempting! I'm sure the cobbler was delicious! Can't wait to see your progress on the Mystery Sampler.

Lisa Russell said...

I don't think I have ever seen seedless blackberries! That would make canning my jam MUCH easier if I can find those. Love your mail goodies!!

Crispy said...

Seedless Blackberries???? I've never heard of this before. Blackberries are one of my favorites but I can't stand the ones at the grocery store. There's something about picking them right off the bush, all nice and warm from the sun. Gee, I wish I could go visit the kids in the summer so I could pick berries :0)

Crispy

mainely stitching said...

How can you have blackberries already? Here, it's pushing September before they're ready. Amazing!

Nancy said...

Those are gorgeous blackberries! I did not know you could get seedless ones! Enjoy the cobbler!

Mary said...

Ooohh, I can smell the cobbler here, Myra. SEEDLESS blackberries are a treat and a rarity...enjoy.

You've had a great mail week with lovely treats.
I'm looking forward to seeing your patriotic tree.

*HUGS*

Pumpkin said...

Those blackberries look delicious! YUM!

What a lovely gift to receive as a thank you and all the way from Ireland :o)

Now you have another patriotic ornie to put on your tree.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Those blackberries look DIVINE! Awesome gifts you received as well. Have a good one!

Ellen said...

Delicious, can I have some blackberries?

Beautiful gifts received, enjoy them!

Hugs,

Chris said...

Hi Myra!
I am looking forward to our trip to the orchard! Those blackberries look amazing.
Please post a pic of your patriotic tree. All of your ornies must look amazing on it!

♥marylin♥ said...

un petit coucou en passant !
bisous bisous

marylin FRANCE

Dani - tkdchick said...

I bet those berries made a fantastic cobbler nom, nom, nom!