background

Friday, July 15, 2011

I Need Your Help



I NEED YOUR HELP!

I'm going behind bars for "GOOD"

PLEASE HELP BAIL ME OUT!

(Lola isn't going but she can't stand to be away from her Momma for very long.)

Mendy - a co-worker and friend -  on the other hand is my "partner in crime" and will be going with me.

I was nominated to be "locked up" to raise funds for the Muscular Dystrophy Association.  This event is held in communities all over the United States.  I will picked up at work by a "jailer" this coming Thursday and taken to the lock up at an undisclosed location.  I can remember growing up watching the Jerry Lewis telethon.  Back in the days before cable and satellite TV it was shown on all 3 of the major networks and was the ONLY thing on the television that day.  :o)  I seem to remember it always being broadcast on Labor Day - when everyone was home from work and school.  My mother and grandmother would sit and watch it for hours and hours. 
Your donation is my key to our freedom! Even a donation of $1 adds up and helps these children in need.  Be proud of the fact that together we're providing help and hope to kids and adults served by MDA in our communities.   You can read more about this event and access the secure donation site here.

Any help you can give me would be very appreciated!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

What a great way to raise funds for charity! Hope your bail gets met before Lola misses you!!

Catherine said...

Good luck with your fundraiser!! Hopefully you'll get out quick and Lola will be no worse for the wear!