background

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Staycation!

Today is my 2nd day of a glorious 9 days off work and I have done nothing!  Oh, I have stitched a little and visited blogs a little and read a little but mostly I have been sitting on my butt doing nothing.  I have to say it feels good.  :o)  Work has been grueling the past few weeks and I really needed a break.  I have big plans for this week - don't know if any of them will happen but I am okay if they don't.  Maybe tomorrow I will be a little more motivated.
I am a little late but here is my TUSAL for July.  Lots of Mystery Sampler threads there.

I have some exciting news to share.  Berit has started her own design company Jaunty Fox Designs and is having a great giveaway and is sharing her first design with all of us.  I just love the design (it's Halloween after all) and her model is fabulous.  Please head on over and check out her blog and her first design.  You won't be disappointed.  I believe we can all look forward to more great things to come from this talented new designer.

I hope all of you here in the states have a wonderful Independence Day!  I am planning ribs on the grill with fresh corn on the cob, marinated cucumbers from my garden, and who knows what else might make it on to the table.  (That is, if I can get off my rump long enough to cook it!  LOL)

18 comments:

Faye said...

Hey Myra~~~ Catching up on my blog reading....Love your Patriotic tree!! YGG!! And so glad you are getting a most needed break from work!! Do what you wanna do!!! Take my friend! Faye

Jackie said...

9 days off from work sounds wonderful! I'm sure you'll enjoy every second of it.

Cindy's Stitching said...

enjoy your staycation. If good to do nothing sometimes

Jennifer M. said...

Sitting at home doing nothing is the best kind of vacation I think. I had 6 days off from work and it feels great. What have I done? Mainly stayed home. Its really too hot and rainy to go out in Miami during the summertime. :/ Enjoy your vacation. I'm sure you deserve it. :D

Jen in Miami

carol fun said...

Hope your staycation is completely relaxing! We all need that downtime- happy stitching!

Catherine said...

Best wishes for a wonderful staycation!! I bet you'll get so much accomplished!!

Chris said...

HI Myra,
Yeah! We made it to vacation.
I hope that you have a wonderful week and get your batteries recharged. I am looking forward to seeing what stitching you do this week.
Enjoy!

Kathy A. said...

Enjoy that Staycation girl! You deserve it.

Crispy said...

It sounds like a wonderful start to your staycation to me! I plan on doing a bit of behind sitting today :0)

Have a great 4th!!

Crispy

Carol said...

I'm so glad you're getting a well-deserved break from work, Myra. Enjoy each day and make sure you do something special for yourself :)

I look forward to seeing what goodies you stitch and craft during your Staycation. Happy 4th and I hope you have a wonderful dinner today. It all sounds so yummy :)

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

have a good day my friend

marylin FRANCE

Mouse said...

oooo enjoy your stay cation ..lol and hope you get lots of stiching done :) enjoy your celebrations too :) love mouse xxxx

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Myra,

Happy Fourth of July to you and your family! Hope you have a wonderful day. Your menu sounds really yummy! I amn having a grilled steak, some sweet potato baked fries, green salad and maybe a glass of wine ! :)

So happy you are on vacation now from work or is it Staycation! LOL
If you don't do anything, that is ok too! Enjoy whatever you do!
Hugs

Daffycat said...

Oooo, nine days off? I am just GREEN!

Very pretty threads in your ORT jar.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Sounds like you are enjoying your time off, Myra!!

Jan said...

Enjoy doing nothing! Rest and Relaxation!

Elaine said...

Hope your staycation is going well Myra and you had a wonderful 4th.
Your patriotic tree looks fabulous!
Even though your resting I;m sure you will come up with lots off lovely new crafty pieces, can;t wait to see them. Take care, hugs!

Pumpkin said...

Hope you had a great staycation ;o)

Thanks for the link Myra!