background

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Irene has arrived

Hello dear friends.  Irene has arrived in NC.  My in-laws evacuated Carolina Beach yesterday morning and are staying here.  We are hoping and praying their house isn't damaged and they can return tomorrow.  For those of you wondering I live almost smack dab in the middle of the state so we don't really worry too much about Irene's effects here.  It is very windy here today and we have had a few sprinkles but other than that all is well.

I finished a little winter piece earlier this week.  :o)

This is a design taken from Lizzie Kate's Six Fat Men border, it is available on their website.  I am calling the finish/finish a pencil pillow because it is so long and skinny.  A little ribbon, yo-yo's, and some snowflake buttons finished it up quite nicely doncha think?  I think it will be cute just stuffed down into my Christmas tree and later displayed in a basket.  It doesn't scream Christmas so I think I can display it into January too.

I am stalking the mailman today hoping to have a little package of goodies while preparing to serve 10 for dinner.  Sirloin tips with mushrooms cooking away in the crockpot along with mashed potatoes, a salad, rolls, and blackberry cobbler for dessert.

Hope you are all having a great weekend.  Please pray for those on the eastern seaboard.

20 comments:

Heather said...

It is very cute! I love the colors of the fabric with the red polka dot ribbon!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I hope all is well with your in-laws house. Irene is headed right for us late tonight/tomorrow. I'm hunkered down for the next 48 hours. Fingers crossed that we don't lose power for too long! Cute finish for you too!

Jennifer M. said...

Mmmmm your dinner sounds delicious. I hope everything works out okay with this storm. Hopefully your family can return to their house tomorrow. I live in Miami so I've had my share of hurricanes. One can only hope that their home stays in one piece and all come out safe.

Enjoy your day!
Jen

CalamityJr said...

Love your new pillow. and dinner sounds soooo yummy! Be safe!

Karen said...

So cute Myra! Hope everyone makes it through Irene okay...

happy cooking and stitching...

Crispy said...

That is such a cute piece and yes you could display it all through the winter. I hope your family's home is undamaged!!

Crispy

valerie said...

Glad you are all safe and I hope that everything turns out fine with your in-laws house. Love the cute little finish!

Your dinner sounds yummy!

Nancy said...

Your pillow is very cute! Your dinner sounds so good...got room for 11?! ;)

Carol said...

I've been thing a lot about you with all the hurricane news, Myra--I'm so relieved to hear your in-laws made it safely to your house. I sure hope their place can avoid any damage...

Your little pillow is adorable--love those yo-yo's. I'll have to try making them some day soon.

Enjoy your yummy sounding dinner and keep us posted on any further hurricane updates... Take care now!

mainely stitching said...

Hoping your family stays safe!!

Jackie said...

I hope your in laws home and property are protected through all the Irene mess. I think with a menu such as you're preparing that you need to make room for a boatload of bloggers too! Yum!

Jan said...

Love your pencil pillow! You did a great job!

Mindi said...

Adorable little finish, and dinner sounds so yummy! I hope all your friends and family are safe from Irene.

♥marylin♥ said...

Beautiful! Bravo for Hurricane Irene Faye gave me new hope that you too are going well!! kisses of France

Lois said...

What a cute finish Myra! Glad you are all safe and far enough away from the hurricane.

Chris said...

Sweet little finish Myra!
I hope that your in-laws return home to find that everything is fine. Dinner sounds great, yum.
Have a great Sunday. I hope that the mailman brought your new treats!

Pumpkin said...

So, SO adorable! Love your finishing idea :o)

Glad to hear all is well. I hope they can go back to a safe house. We're just getting rain here.

Daffycat said...

A darling skinny pillow finish, Myra! I can't imagine why you'd stitch this design...lol...could it be that birdie on top???

Hope everything goes well with your in-laws home, keep us posted?

Kathy A. said...

Glad to hear your inlaws are safe with you. I hope their home is okay.
Love your little skinny pillow. Just the cutest thing!

Gabi said...

Glad to hear that you and your family are safe and that your inlaws are safe with you as well. Crossing fingers that their home comes out of it undamaged.
Lovely little finish. Not only the stitching but also the finishing is just gorgeous.