background

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sunday Samplings

I am happy to report that all is well at my in-law's place at the beach and they are headed back home now.  Yesterday was a very busy and exhausting day but I was sad to see them go.  

I have been stitching on Penny America for the past couple of weeks.  Here is my progress so far:
 I am enjoying this one and love the colors. 

The mailman didn't disappoint me yesterday and delivered BBD's Casting A Spell.  I couldn't get the package open quick enough!  LOL  I was itching to stitch with some of those Autumn colors that I love so much.
 I completed the first little piece and started on another.  Doncha just love this fat crow?!  I need to get busy on painting and waxing my box.  The book instructs you to finish these as little flat pieces to glue into the box but I am toying with the idea of making little pin pillows filled with crushed walnut shells.  I honestly won't "use" the box, only display it, maybe even put hangers on the back so it can hang on the wall - shadow box style.  Who knows what I will end up doing?  Isn't that part of the fun?

It is bright and sunny here today so I think I will head outside for a while.  I hope you are all enjoying a lazy Sunday and please continue to keep those on the coast in your thoughts and prayers.

22 comments:

Mindi said...

Penny America is totally adorable!Its on my list for patriotic stitching for next year.

Love the little fat crow. I have the book, and the unfinished shadow box, but I have to admit I'm a bit intimidated about the finishing part of it.

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Penny America looks great! I really do like how Jan designed it. Great colors, too!

You've got a great start on the BBD Casting a Spell pieces. Can't wait to see it all done!

mainely stitching said...

Such a great finish of such a sweet design! And oh, I love your dog!

Michele said...

Love Penny America! Have to add that to my list :) Great start on Casting a Spell :)

MoonBeam said...

Penny is looking good. I got Casting A Spell last week, too, and I'm thinking it looks like fun. I'd like to gather some small patriotic pieces and stitch a patriotic grouping, too. The possibilities are endless, as you say.

Bobbi

Carol said...

I adore your Penny America, Myra--in fact I just added it to my online shopping cart this afternoon :)

Love the fat little crow--I've been on a crow kick here, too, for the past couple of weeks. Hopefully, you'll be seeing some of them very soon.

Glad your in-law's place didn't suffer from Irene...hopefully the hurricanes will leave you guys alone for a while now!

Cindy said...

i really like Penny America...the more i see it, the more i want it...hehe.....love your puppy dog!

carol fun said...

That Penny America is calling my name - such a great design! And that fat crow is perfect - I just love that BBD Halloween book. Glad you survived Irene. Here's hoping for a quiet week ahead.

Ellen said...

Penny America is great, love the colors!

Love your Halloween start too! I just love autumn colors!

Glad that your in-laws can go back to their home now.

Hugs,

Gabi said...

Penny America looks fantastic. Really like that design. And your fabric too.
Great start on Casting a Spell. That crow is a darling indeed.

Siobhan said...

Your stitching is fantastic, Myra! Your BBD is too cute--I love that fat crow! Nice work on Penny America, too. I'm late in posting on your last post, but the Six Fat Men birds is super cute, too--love the way you finished it off!

I hope your in-laws' house didn't sustain any damage.

Vonna said...

Catching up on both posts on one comment :)
I noticed straight away where your sweet little birdie at his house was from as I capitulated and purchased 6 fat men and had just printed off the free placement pattern for the big picture :) Your pillow is darling!

I love your Penny America...I got sidetracked on mine, but hopefully will get back to it soon!

Your BBD start...STUNNING!!

Crispy said...

Both projects are looking wonderful. I really like the idea of stuffing the pieces, it will really give it texture :0)

Crispy

♥marylin♥ said...

absolument merveilleux ! superbe
bisous bisous ♥♥♥♥

Sally said...

Your Penny America is gorgeous Myra and love your start on Casting a Spell.

Glad to hear that your in-laws place is OK.

BrendaS said...

Penny America looks great and I LOVE your start on the BBD pieces. Can't wait to see more:))

Lana said...

Penny America looks great!!! Can't wait to see more progress on your new autumn start!!

Ranae said...

Awesome choices!!!

Catherine said...

Lovely stitches!! Glad to hear your inlaws place is okay!

Pumpkin said...

Lovely WIP Myra.

He's SO cute! LOL! It didn't take you long to start ;o)

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Oh Myra, everything is Beautiful!
Wish I could cross stitch! :(
Hugs

Jan said...

So glad you are safe from the storm. I like both pieces that you have worked on! I like fall colors, too!