background

Friday, September 23, 2011

Another year goes by

I celebrated my 48th birthday yesterday and what a wonderful day it was.  I didn't let the fact that it was rainy and dreary outside stop me from enjoying my day.  I just have to share with you the wonderful gifts that I received from friends.

Chris surprised me with a gift certificate to Needlecraft Corner.  I am really excited about this as they have ornament cuts of the fabrics used in the JCS Ornament issues.  I am headed to Greensboro tomorrow and I am determined to procure my very own copy of this elusive magazine.  I have refrained from ordering it because I just knew I would be able to get it locally but the local bookstore doesn't have it yet.  Once I decide which ones I want to stitch an order will definitely be placed. 

Then Vera surprised me with this gorgeous ornament:
Isn't that squirrel just regal?  We love to watch the squirrels scampering around in our back yard and this reminds me of them.  Vera doesn't have a blog (yet).  You may remember Vera was in NC a while back and I was fortunate enough to be able to meet up with her and do a little fabric shopping.  Her stitching is just lovely and this will be a treasure that I will cherish for years to come.

And  Carol surprised me with this: 

Isn't this just fabulous?  It is a kit with almost everything I need to make this cute little folk art piece.  Myra isn't a very common name and I am always surprised and thrilled when I am able to find something with "Myra" on it.  (Myra is the duck. LOL)  I have already made a good start on this and should finish it by tomorrow.

Thank you so much Chris, Vera, and Carol for making my day extra special.  I really appreciate those of you who also sent me birthday emails - makes an old girl feel good.  :o)

My sons bought me a new winter coat and DH took me out to dinner and got me a Vera Bradley purse to match.  I can hardly wait for it to get cold enough to wear the coat and you know I am already sporting that new purse.  I even managed to get today off work and have spent most of it puttering around in the sewing room

I truly feel blessed with thoughtful friends and family and am looking forward to spending many more happy years with you all. 

29 comments:

cucki said...

Happy belated birthday dear..so glad that you a wonderful time.
very lovely gifts..i truly love them all so much..everything is so cute..
have fun dear and have a lovely weekend dear xx

mainely stitching said...

How wonderful to hear you received some special treatment and lovely gifts for your birthday. I believe we should all be spoiled for that one day a year!! Wishing you all the best in your new year!

CalamityJr said...

Happy belated birthday! We'll be looking for some lovely finishes from your birthday stash!

BrendaS said...

Happy Birthday Myra:))

Looks like you got some wonderful gifts! We share the same birth year! YEAH for us:)))

Jane said...

Belated 'Happy Birthday Wishes' coming your way Myra. Your special day sounded lovely also the gifts you received. Can't wait to see the finished Myra & Finnius, your sewing skills are always wonderful xxx

natalyK said...

Happy Birthday Myra!!

Ranae said...

Happy belated Birthday wishes for you, Myra
Vera bradley purse?! good to hear you got spoiled

Mouse said...

oo happy birthday .. you sound like you got thoroughly spoilt :0 can't wait to see your finish ... the mouse on the duck is cute too :) love mouse xxxx

Deborah said...

Happy Birthday, Myra. Your day sounds like it was perfect.

valerie said...

Happy birthday Myra! I hope it was fabulous! Sounds and looks like you got terrific gifts. That felted duck and mouse Carol gifted you is cute! Great ornie from Vera!

Crispy said...

Happy Belated Birthday Myra!!! You definitely scored on the gifties :0)

I'm still MIA in blogland as I adjust to working full time and such goofy hours, but I HAD to stop by to will you well :0)

Crispy

Mindi said...

I hope you had a wonderful day and enjoyed yourself. It sounds like you received some wonderful gifts. The kit from The Cheswick Company is adorable!

Karen said...

Happy birthday.... so glad you had a good day! Your certainly do have some great goodies to show for it too!!!

happy stitching....

Lisa V said...

Happy birthday for yesterday.
Cant wait to see Myra the duck all finished up.

carol fun said...

Happy belated birthday- sounds like you had a wonderful day! I know you have lots of fun with the gift certificate - have a great weekend!

Ellen said...

Happy Birthday! Glad that you had a wonderful day and you have some beautiful gifts!

Hugs,

Andrea said...

Happy belated Birthday. It sounds as though you had a great day.

Siobhan said...

Happy birthday! What wonderful gifts!

Catherine said...

Oh Myra! Happy Birthday to you!! What wonderful gifts you received!! I just love them all and how fun that Carol found something with your name!! It sounds lime you had a wonderful day!

CATHI said...

Happy Birthday, Myra! You received a wonderful gift! :o)

Cathi

Berit said...

Lol @ Myra the Duck!

I need to do a better job keeping track of birthdays so that I am not stuck with giving out belated wishes--especially on an important day like yours.

Happy Belated Birthday, my friend! :D

This is a good opportunity for me to go ahead and send a few things I have been collecting for you, but putting off sending as I wanted to ferret out just a few more that I knew were "here or there". I'll just send what I have now and collect the rest later! :D

Sally said...

Happy Belated Birthday Myra! It sounds as though you had a wonderful time and you certainly received some lovely gifts:)

Christina said...

Happy Belated Birthday Myra! I just love that duck. Myra isn't a common name over here either, but it was my nanna's name and I'd loved her with all my heart, so it is a very special name to me. :o)

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Happy Belated Birthday! sounds like you have some wonderful bloggy friends.

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

very beautiful !

Carol said...

I'm glad you were spoiled on your birthday, Myra--you deserve it :)

Blu said...

Happy belated birthday!

Sounds like you had an awesome time and received some great gifts!

Daffycat said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday, Myra! Sorry I missed it!

Pumpkin said...

I'm sorry I missed your birthday Myra :o( Happy (belated) Birthday and it sounds like it was a good one ;o) LOVE the gifts you received.