background

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

TUSAL among other things

First, I want to thank all of you who stopped by to comment on my finish of Myra & Finnius.  I have been hit with some kind of bug - fever, chills, aches, the works - and have been horizontal for the past two days more than I have been vertical and haven't responded to all of you.  Please know I do appreciate all your wonderful comments, you keep me going!

Here is a pic of my ORT jar for September.  I just keep pushing them down into this tiny little jar.


Mindi posted a freebie on her blog that I just couldn't resist stitching right away.  This is the piece she designed for the Samplermaker's Autumn challenge.  Thank you Mindi for sharing your design.

I finished it as a doorknob hanger.  I just love the "primness" of it.

My son is taking a hiking class at college and I persuaded him to let me go along with him on his hike this past Sunday.  
 The weather wasn't great, very overcast and the trail was very muddy from all the rain we had this past weekend.


There are several trails at this park ranging in distance from just under a half mile to nearly 4 miles.  We chose the Ridge Trail which is 1.6 miles long.

It was nice to enjoy some one on one time with my son and to take the road less traveled for a change.
Wonder if I can convince him to let me tag along again?

20 comments:

Annie said...

Feel better soon. Your witchy sisters are adorable! Love your colors.

Nancy said...

Cute door pillow! So glad you got one on one time with your son, know you must have enjoyed that special time! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Jackie said...

You're so fortunate to have such a beautiful place to hike nearby. I've never heard of hiking being a college class. Interesting! Is the final exam a hike? Maybe a week out on a trail? :)

Berit said...

Gorgeous landscapes AND finish! LOVE your colors!

I have a feeling that I am not going to be starting on the Halloween stitching until after the holiday!! Oh, well!

Now, if only I could find my mojo for the last bit of Kindred spirits! I'll send you some of my good health and you send some of your awesome mojo my way! :D

April Mechelle said...

Sorry you are felling bad Myra... That pillow is so cute! I just know you had a great hike with your son!!

Catherine said...

I hate that you aren't feeling well - I hope that you will be back on your feet soon. Love your finish!! And that trail - beautiful!

Mary said...

I hope you are feeling better, Myra

The witchy pillow looks great.

I agree... any time we get with our boys is always special and memorable! Sometimes the road less traveled IS the best.

*HUGS*

cucki said...

hello dear, i hope you are feeling better..me sending you lots of hugs..
sweet jar an very lovely stitching..i love the witchy pillow so much so much..
great pictures..that trail is simply beautiful..
big hugs xx

Chris said...

Feel Better Myra!
You know I like the hiking!It is great quality time with whoever you are hiking with. There is a trail right near my house :)

Mouse said...

awww hope you are feeling better soon .. this cold thing has been doing the rounds on the blogging world .. must be a VIRUS ..lol .. love your finish on the mindi's freebie and way to go on the walk and having time with the DS :) love mouse xxxx

Carol said...

So sorry to hear you've been under the weather, Myra... it does seem like the flu (or whatever) is starting very early this year.

Love your little witches--I just finished mine last night and it is strikingly similar to yours except my witches have green faces and black dresses. I even used black fabric for the pillow. Great minds think alike :) Mindi's design is so darn cute!

I love hiking with the family--wish we could do more of it! Glad you had such a good Sunday. Take care now and feel better soon...

BrendaS said...

Great finish Myra! Hope you feel better soon:)

Ranae said...

Love your version and the door knob hanger is a good idea
Take Care!!!

Sally said...

I hope you feel better soon Myra.

Love your Halloween finish. It's really sweet and love the way you've finished it.

Those photos of your hike are lovely.

mainely stitching said...

Walking with your son sounds so fun! :)

I hope you're feeling fully recovered now.

Penny said...

Hope you feel better soon! I love the doorknob hanger ~ looks lovely. I love the idea of a hiking class, I've never heard of that before. Glad you could spend some time with your son and it looks like you had some beautiful scenery for your hike!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Hope you are feeling better, Myra. Something is going around. My husband was sick. My BFF in TX - her girls were sick and then she got sick. It all sounds like the same symptoms. I know another blogger was sick too...

Siobhan said...

What a cute finish!! Great job. I hope you're feeling better by now! I enjoyed the pictures from your walk. My daughter and I discovered the trails in a nearby park (spread out over several acres) this past summer and try to walk it whenever we can.

Have a good weekend!

Pumpkin said...

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well :o(

What an adorable finish!

Fantastic pictures. Looks like a great place to go.

valerie said...

Hope you're feeling better Myra! So sweet of you and your son to go on a hike together. Cute finish!