background

Thursday, September 1, 2011

TUSAL

Here is my ort jar for the month of August - better late than never, right?  Perched atop my little jar is a wee Honeycrisp apple just picked from the orchard this evening.  Honeycrisp are my favorites and I have been so busy I almost missed them this year.  I bought 5 lbs and the last of this variety will be gone in the next couple of day.  They are now picking Red and Golden Delicious which are very good too.  I just love having an orchard within 5 minutes of my house.

Nail update....  this is after 2-1/2 weeks.  I am now past 3 weeks and you can see some tiny little fissures in the white portion but other than that they are holding up really well.  I haven't been careful with them and have washed quite a few dishes without gloves (no automatic dishwasher here).  I will be doing lots of yard/garden/house work this weekend so we will see how they look after all that.

What are your plans for the Labor Day weekend?  We have some much needed house/yard maintenance that needs to be done and I have even taken Tuesday off work so I can at least have one extra day of fun time.  I hope your weekend is everything you want it to be and more!

10 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Wow, your nails look GREAT!

We are planning to go to an outdoor concert with friends (BB KING!!) and have a cookout. Sounds great to me, I have to say! :D

Catherine said...

Love the apple touch on your jar!!

Your nails look great!

Enjoy your weekend! I'm going to try and work outside as well - and work on getting my stitching mojo back!

Peggy Lee said...

Oh I love Honey Crisp apples!

Your nails are beautiful.

Crispy said...

Yummm Honeycrisp apples are so good and even better getting them right from the orchard.

Wow your nails really are holding up well. Are you going to show a picture after you get done digging in the garden? LOL

Crispy

Berit said...

Yum, what a gorgeous little apple!

Also, thanks for the nail update; they look great! I need to find out if a salon near here offers that type of finish.

valerie said...

Oooo, pretty nails! They have held up well. I think I will try it out in November when I take a far away vacation. Nothing worst than peeling polish and cracking nails when you are far from your nail fixing.

I love Honeycrisps too!

Nancy said...

Your nails have held up so well! My favorite apple is Winesap, love the crispness and slight tartness! I am helping my youngest son and his wife move into their new house this weekend and of course playing with my granddaughter!

Deb said...

Oh, Honeycrisp apples are my favorites and I don't even remember seeing any here. I know that our peaches are ready now and apples too, but I haven't seen Honeycrisp.

Your nails still look great. That's why those gels are so wonderful. You don't even have to worry about them. Just give your nails a break after you have that removed. I'm still trying to get mine back up to their usual strength and probably won't have it done again until November when I go away.

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Myra,

Lovely colors in the ORT jar. That apple looks delicious.
Your nails look very nice.
Have fun working in the garden and have a lovely Labor Day weekend!
I just uploaded my New Hanging Fairy doll if you would like to see her. :)
Please leave a comment. VBG
Hugs

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

I love going to the orchard for fresh apples! Your nails look great!