background

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Fall Festival & A Winner!

The fall festival was lots of fun.  The weather was absolutely gorgeous which probably explains the large crowd.  It was everything you can expect a small town fall festival to be.

There were cars...



 A breast cancer awareness booth where I procured a new T-shirt.  I thought it was neat that even their coolers were pink!
 Lots of food...

















DH had a smoked turkey leg.  He handed it to me while he paid and I felt like Wilma Flintstone.  :o)










DS had to have a funnel cake.  (I stole a few bites.)

I was already stuffed with the barbeque, slaw, pintos, and hushpuppies we had at the fire station.

We walked a lot and looked a lot and listened to some live music while enjoying the beautiful day.  There is nothing quite like a hometown fall festival with the bonus of taking it all in with those you love.



And now the moment you have been waiting for.  (Don't you love how I made you sit through all those photos first?  LOL)  The winner of the bird pincushion, thread catcher, and Hootzi Humbug chart is...........


Thanks to all of you who stopped by to leave a comment and enter my giveaway.  This was lots of fun and I am looking forward to doing another one soon.

13 comments:

Catherine said...

Looks like a wonderful day Myra, or should I say Wilma!!

Congrats to Maureen!! She's a lucky girl, I know how wonderful your goodies are!!

cucki said...

yup..looks like a day with full of fun :)
congratulations to Maureen..
love and hugs for you xxx

Kathy A. said...

Congratulations Maureen. Looks like such a fun day. Sign me up for some of that funnel cake.

CalamityJr said...

Looks like you had the perfect fall day, Myra! Congratulations to Maureen!

Deborah said...

Who doesn't love funnel cakes!? Congrats to Maureen

Mouse said...

oooo what's funnel cake ?? looks yumm though ... congrats to Maureen on her win and love those pink coolers :) love mouse xxxxx

Christina said...

Are funnel cakes an American thing? I've never heard of them before. Anything with 'cake' in the title sounds yummy to me! You look like you had a great day out. The weather looks beautiful too.

valerie said...

Looks like a fun day Myra! I love seeing old cars at festivals. I wish we still had cars like that.

Congrats to Maureen!

Penny said...

Oh my gosh the food! :) Sounds like a fun day.

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

coucou de France !
marylin

Pumpkin said...

Why Myra, why? You know you shouldn't show food like that to a pregnant lady ;o)

Congrats to Maureen!

Berit said...

Looks like you had a great time and beautiful weather!

Carol said...

Ooh--funnel cakes!! I haven't had one in years... And I'm laughing envisioning you as Wilma Flintstone, Myra :) Looks like a great day spent with your family--don't you treasure those!

Congratulations to Maureen!!