background

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Lazy Sunday

I have had a lazy Sunday.  I am busy stitching on Penny America hoping to have a finish today.  I signed up for Becky's Christmas Ornament Challenge and I am itching to start stitching some ornaments.

Here is a pic of the gift that Chris gave me yesterday on our road trip.
This gorgeous calendar from Hawaii with pictures of the flowers of Hawaii and this Shepherd's Bush Harvest Scissor Fob kit complete with PURPLE scissors.  Aren't they great?!  Thank you so much Chris - now that I have removed my proverbial foot from my mouth I am really going to enjoy stitching those little turnips and carrots and using those purple scissors.  I can't wait to show off my calendar at work and when I need a little escape all I will have to do is look at it!

Last night I took my Halloween quilt down from the mantle so DH could start a fire and look what I found this morning:

"Yes, I am lying on your precious Halloween quilt.  Whachoo gonna do about it?  Huh?!"

Thanks for stopping by.  Enjoy your Sunday!

16 comments:

Nancy said...

Enjoy your stitchy Sunday! Your cat is too cute!

Patty C. said...

Oh - I joined Becky's Christmas Ornament Challenge as well - Won't that be fun :)

I just love the pattern Penny America - a lot of the bloggers have posted photos of that one - I am hoping to get it some day - In the meantime I will certainly enjoy watching your progress - Have fun with it :)

BeckySC said...

I can't wait to see the ornaments you are going to be stitching for the challenge :)

Have a great week :)

Annie said...

Fun gift! And I sure wouldn't want to mess with that cat. What incredible eyes!

Have a great Fright Night!

cucki said...

yup..very nice gift..cant wait to see your progress on the ornament..
lovely quilt and your kitty is so cute.
love for you xx

Robin said...

Love those little SB fob kits and the calendar looks like it will be good for some mental virtual vacations. You know, those moments when our mind goes on vacation. Yep, I know that cat trick well. It doesn't take long for them to discover anything out of place or new and then of course they need to see how it feels, tastes, or if it moves and if it is to their liking, they take owership.

Berit said...

Awesome, she looks so cozy there!

I think I had better serge up a cut of linen and finish getting my threads on a ring before Tuesday! :D

Berit said...

Oh, also, she is so settled there and not inclined to move in the slightest! :D

Penny said...

A lazy Sunday sounds wonderful! Sweet little scissor fob and the calendar looks gorgeous.
What a pretty cat ~ definitely looks there to stay. :)

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Lol! Typical cat!! I'm playing blog catch-up!

mainely stitching said...

Oh my goodness! Your cat doesn't look like it's going to be removed to another location without putting up a bit of a fight! ;)

Karen said...

Hope you had a good trip! You certainly captioned your cat correctly in that pic....that is exactly what he's thinking!

happy stitching...

Kath said...

No one is gonna mess with that kitty and 'his' quilt!

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

oh I love thye cat !!!!!


marylin

Pumpkin said...

That was very sweet of Chris :o)

ROFL!!!!

Catherine said...

Good luck on the challenge! I know you'll make beautiful ornaments!!
Great goodies from Chris!'
I love the kitty's face!! If looks could kill......