background

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Looking to the weekend

One more work day until the weekend my friends and I am so looking forward to it.  Chris and I are taking another road trip that promises to be lots of fun.  :o)   We plan to go here....
And here...

And here...

 And who knows what other delights we may see along the way.  :o)  With Zippy as our magnificent steed, we shall have a great time indeed.  (Sorry I just couldn't resist)  The only needlework store I have visited is a very small one in Greensboro so I will be like a kid in a candy store.  I have been to Mary Jo's before but have never been to a Trader Joe's.  I know, I really should get out of the house more but I am a homebody through and through.

I received another piece of happy mail from my friend Vera last week.  She discovered she had an extra copy of this BBD book and sent it to me.  I was just thrilled and have already chosen a couple of projects in it that I just have to make soon.  She included these lovely wooden acorns and leaves.  I plan to break out the Briwax and finish them up a bit.  Thank you so much Vera for your kindness and generosity!
I hope you all have a lovely Friday and a wonderful weekend spent doing everything that makes your heart sing!

20 comments:

Catherine said...

Have a great trip!! Don't go too crazy! ;)
What a great BBD book you received! I know you'll make some great projects from this one!

Ellen said...

Enjoy your trip, would love to go with you! I sure would love to visit some great needlework shops!

What a wonderful gift! Love BBD designs!

Hugs,

April Mechelle said...

Sounds like you will be having a great time Myra!!! I love the BBD Book!!

CalamityJr said...

Enjoy every minute!

Nancy said...

Have fun!!

Faye said...

cant wait to hear about this trip~~~

Mary said...

What a fun day you have planned, Myra. Oh who needs candy on Halloween when you have cross stitch and fabric shops to indulge in? ENHANCE THAT STASH!

Trader Joe's is a favorite of mine.....if you like olives, try the tapenade! The soups are also really good. Can't go wrong with anything there.

ENJOY every second of your day!

*HUGS*

carol fun said...

Have a wonderful time! Someday I want to go to Mary Jo's -- I've heard great things about it.

Deborah said...

Have a great time! We have Trader Joe's here in MA and I do love the store.

Mindi said...

I LOVE Trader Joe's! I don't have one here in Utah, so every time I'm in San Diego I have to stop by one. I also have to admit one of my trips to Vegas was partly so I could get a Trader Joe's fix in. Peppermint Jo Jos at Christmas time are one of the best things. They also have a really good red curry sauce.

Have fun on your day out!

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

very lovely !

cucki said...

enjoy your trip..and have a lovely time :)
what a lovely gift..i love it xx

Berit said...

What a wonderful time is in store for you!

Love those acorns, especially, and ooh, Briwax, what a great idea!

Sally said...

Have a great time!

Penny said...

How nice to have a friend to take a road trip with. :) Sounds like a wonderful weekend ~ enjoy it!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Myra,
Enjoy your trip and happy shopping!
Hugs and have a lovely weekend.

Karen said...

Oooh...have fun! What a great gift...this is one of my favorite BBD books. I can't wait to see all of the goodies you stitch.

happy shopping...

Lizzy said...

Oh, what fun, Myra... I so love The Stitch and Frame Shop... such lovely and wonderful Ladies! Enjoy your trip and Happy Stitchy Shopping! Lovely BBD gift... and I love the wooden Acorns and leaves. Blessings always in stitches...

Simple Pleasure said...

Myra
I do hope you enjoy your weekend adventure! The few needlework shops we had in this area are now closed...even JoAnn's left! I have been to Trader Joe's a few time...talk about being a kid in a candy store...
Please post upon your return...can't wait to hear the details.
Busy Hands...Happy Heart
Patricia

Pumpkin said...

Ohhhhh, I hope you have fun :o)

Gee, I wish I could find an extra like that in my stash! LOL!