background

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Road Trip Report

Thank you all for the comments and suggestions on my last post.  It was very rainy and cold this morning when Chris and I left but it ended up being a gorgeous fall day.   (This post is picture heavy.)
Here I am after spending about an hour at the Stitch and Frame shop.  It was wonderful to actually go inside and be able to see all the shop models and fondle the linen. 

 As you can see, I picked up a few things there.  :o)  I love the little burlwood frame and it is the perfect size for Donna's (By the Bay) Autumn freebie she offered in her newsletter.
Then we were off to Mary Jo's.  I really didn't have anything to buy there but I managed to pick up some needfuls such as sewing machine needles and iron cleaner.  We took a break and had a wonderful lunch at McAllister's deli.  My Reuben was delicious. 

As we were on our way to Trader Joe's we spotted this:

 And off we went.  This place is huge I tell ya!
Here is the little lantern I snagged from Ikea along with my goodies from Mary Jo's.  I also got a nice bundle of tea lights, some wonderful cross stitch pattern napkins, and some chocolates.  :o) 

And here is part of the bounty I acquired at Trader Joes.  I can't wait to try that Pumpkin Pancake Mix. 


Check out this cool vintage look reusable Trader Joes shopping bag.  Chris had one similar to this and I knew one was coming home with me too. 

 We passed several of these cotton fields along the way which were so pretty.  Both of us agreed they reminded us of snow.  (Sorry for those of you that are getting the real stuff and don't want it.  We get very little snow here in NC so it is usually a big event for us and thinking of it puts us in a holiday mood.)
 The fall colors here are just gorgeous.  This was the view out our window most of the way.

I had one more picture of the lovely gift Chris gave me but will save it for my next post. 

We didn't solve any of the world's problems today but there is just nothing better than spending time with a friend.  Thank you Chris for being the most excellent chauffer and tour guide.  :o)  I had a wonderful time and hope we can do it again soon.

18 comments:

Mindi said...

I have that Trader Joe's bag and love it! In fact, my Bountiful Baskets produce is in it right now, out in the garage (my garage is as cold as the fridge).

Looks like you and Chris had a great day, and didn't go too crazy on the stash acquisition.

CalamityJr said...

What a great day! I'm so glad your day trip was so enjoyable.

cucki said...

wow..sound like a lovely trip..great stash..and i am happy that had a lovely time xxx

Wilma NC said...

We noticed a lot of cotton fields coming from the beach last week. I have never been to an Ikea but I want to check them out real bad!!!!

Cindy said...

What a wonderful day you and Chris had! Thank you so much for taking me along :D....all the 'goodies' you got look like such fun and the reuben sounded wonderful!

Chris said...

It was great fun!

Colorful said...

What a wonderful day. I love Stitch and Frame and Mary Jo's. I am past the five decade mark and my mother bought material there to make my layette.

Wonderful memories.

Charlene ♥ SC said...

I'm so glad y'all had a good time. How lucky am I for S&F to be my LNS? I know, I know! Wish I could have joined you there, but my DS was home for the weekend. Mary Jo's can be mind blowing to me if I don't have something specific in mind. Only been to IKEA once, and TJ's a couple of times but will go again to both. I agree about the cotton fields looking like snow. We comment every year about how much is left after the pickers go over them...

Deborah said...

Your control at the cross stitch store was much better than mine would have been. lol. Trader Joe's is always fun.

carol fun said...

All the makin's of a great day- good friends, good shopping and good food! A trifecta of wonderful! I think you were very virtuous in your shopping - I would get in so much trouble at Mary Jo's, Trader Joes and Ikea -- I have no willpower - LOL!

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

have a good day !!!

bisous bisous

Catherine said...

Sounds like a perfect day Myra! Love all your goodies!! I have that Trader Joes bag too!! One can never have enough bags!

missy said...

Ohhh I must got to Trader Joe's and pick up that bag. I'm a nut for unique bags.

Myra, I was reading Faye's aka Carolina Stitcher's blog and fell in love with the "fold-up traveling ort container" you gifted her with. May I ask where the pattern came from? I would love to make one for my mother and myself of course. lol


Hugs
-missy-

Robin said...

What a lovely day!

Berit said...

Love it all! Great stash and Autumn Foliage! Also, Ikea! Did you walk through the whole thing? My apartment is becoming more like an ikea showroom every year, I tell ya!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Sounds like a wonderful day with a good friend!

Carol said...

Sounds like a perfect day with Chris, Myra... and just look at all those goodies you came home with!! I love burl wood, too, and that frame is so lovely. Can't wait to see what you stitch for it :)

Such a cute lamp from IKEA--they have so many fun and inexpensive decorating items. Sure wish I lived closer to one.

Your fall photos are beautiful--our leaves have just about gone since we got the frost and snow this weekend... Enjoy them while you can :)

Pumpkin said...

Wow! Looks like you had a fantastic and successful time ;o) I LOVE Ikea!