background

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Wowza!

So far I have 53 comments on my last post.  Wow!  I am so glad some of you "lurkers" came out to leave a comment.  I had good intentions of replying to each of you but the comments were coming so fast I just couldn't keep up.  I enjoyed reading all about your favorite fall traditions and thank you for sharing those.  If you haven't put your name in the hat for the drawing there is still time.  I will be announcing the winner tomorrow.

There were many questions about the bird and thread catcher pattern.  The bird pattern and tutorial can be found on the DIY Dish website http://www.thediydish.com/ .  You will have to go back to March of this year to find the exact post.  They have recently put up a dress mannequin pincushion that I want to give a try as well.  The thread catcher was a freebie offered by Primitive Gatherings during the recent Moda Blog Hop.  It looks like it was only active during the blog hop as she uses the pattern for workshops and such as well.

My birthday celebration continued this week with a delightful package from dear Berit.  She sent this wonderful grab bag of linen, some floss holders, and a gorgeous stone needleminder.

I just love linen grab bags as there is usually quite a variety of fabrics that I wouldn't buy otherwise.  It seems when I go searching for fabric for a small, the grab bags always seem to land me the perfect piece.  Thank you so much Berit for making my celebration last a little longer!

Our little town is having a fall festival today so DH and I are headed down to enjoy some wonderful barbeque at the fire station and peruse the booths.  I hope you all enjoy this beautiful autumn weekend and I'll see you here tomorrow to announce the giveaway winner.

Thank you for stopping by!

8 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Lovely grab bag from Berit. I too use those bags for smalls. Checking out the DIY Dish website. Thanks!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Myra,
Great grab bag of birthday gifts! Have fun creating more lovely things! :)
Hugs

cucki said...

hello dear, very sweet grab bag of birthday gifts :)
keep well..love for you xxx

Catherine said...

Great goodies from Berit!!

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

superbe !

bisous bisous de France

Pumpkin said...

Uuuuuuu! I love grab bags as well. That was very sweet of Berit :o)

Berit said...

I hope there is something great in there that you can enjoy!

:D

Lisa said...

First i'd like to wish you a belated birthday wish, sorry i missed it,I hope you had a wonderful time x

lovely grab bag from Berit, that will keep you busy
love the bird you made for your giveaway I'm into all things birds just now, will need to try make one someday
loved the thread catcher it's a shame we can't get the instructions now