background

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Are You Ready...?

...for some Christmas?!   I could have said football but my Panthers have a bye this week so I guess I will just have to watch some more Grey's Anatomy on Netflix.  :o)  I have become addicted to this series and find that it makes for great entertainment while stitching.

I finished my first two ornaments for Becky's Ornament challenge.  I scored some of the scuppernong linen and the snowman buttons on my trip with Chris last week so I couldn't wait to start stitching "Merry" by Miss Crescent's Crowne from the JCS 2010 Ornament Issue.  I used the DMC conversion for the floss.



I despise the ruched ribbon while I am making it but love it once it is on the finished piece.

I couldn't resist putting a cardinal on the back.  :o)  


 I liked this quick little design so much I made another version with mini pom trim and a red polka dot fabric for the back.


Isn't that little snowman button just the cutest?

20 comments:

Pumpkin said...

So adorable Myra! And YES, that little snowman button IS the cutest ;o)

BeckySC said...

They are just BEEutiful my friend :) LOVELY work!

CATHI said...

Wonderful finishes! Lovely! :o)

Cathi

Charlene ♥ SC said...

How darling are these - and with your finishing skills you'll have bunches of them before the Grey's go on hiatus! :-) I've been an addict since the beginning.

cucki said...

beautiful finishes..love them so much xx

carol fun said...

While I am totally not ready for Christmas I am ready for such wonderful ornamants! Love the ruching and that little snowman buttons is the cutest I've seen!

Mouse said...

love those finishes and that snow man is adorable :) love mouse xxx

natalyK said...

Great ornaments! Love the cardinal.

Karen said...

So cute! I love how your finishing makes this simple design look so "big". Great job on both.

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Myra,
I love them all! Your work is always the neatest! :)
Hugs

Penny said...

I love the fabric and what a cute little design. Love the way you finished both ~ the little pom poms remind me of snow balls. :)

Daffycat said...

Truly wonderful ornaments, Myra! I really love the trims and that sonman is certainly the most adorable!

Question...do you ruche the ribbon first then sew it on or do you ruche AS you sew it on? It really looks spectacular.

CalamityJr said...

What fun finishes! Snowmen are among my favorite people, lol.

Chris said...

These came out great! The ruching looks fabulous!

Ellen said...

Gorgeous ornaments! Love that snowman button!

Hugs,

Mindi said...

Both of those are so adorable! Ribbon ruching is such a pain in the rear, but it really does look fabulous in the end.

Carol said...

What a couple of sweet finishes--I LOVE that ruched ribbon finish in the first on so much. And, of course, it wouldn't be complete without that trademark red cardinal that you love so much :)

Catherine said...

Oh Myra, they both look so sweet! I love how you finished the back of yours!!

Jennifer M. said...

Great Start on your ornaments this year Myra! These turned out wonderful. :)

Jen

valerie said...

So cute...and you made two! I love the snowman button and the ruching. I've never done ruching before but the effect is wonderful!