background

Saturday, November 12, 2011

An Autumn Walk

My son and I headed up to Hagen Stone Park this morning.  It was a perfect day for a walk in the woods.  Come along with us, won't you?
Our walk begins on the Old Schoolhouse Trail.

A bridge across a small creek is littered with leaves.

The Oak Grove School is a reproduction of the original schoolhouse that served the students of this area in the late 1800s and the early 1900s.  The teachers salary was $20 per month.

The cattails always make me smile.  I can remember playing with them as a child and watching the fluff floating on the wind.

An old tobacco barn.  I thought this hay wagon and the barn were very picturesque. 

 Formerly known as the "The Chapel Beside the Road" at Greensboro's Cotton Mill Square Mall, this one-room chapel was frequently used during the holidays, and at other times of the year, as a focal point for special community events. Several years after the mall closed, owner Carl Johnson donated the historic chapel to the Greensboro Parks and Recreation Department.



It just makes me want to walk inside and sit for a while.
 
There is just nothing like a North Carolina Autumn.  :o)  Thank you for taking a walk with me.  I hope you all have time this weekend to experience the delights of the season.


19 comments:

valerie said...

Love the photos Myra! Thanks for sharing. That little chapel is charming and so pretty.

MoonBeam said...

Beautiful pix. Thanks for taking me on your walk. Autumn rocks!

cucki said...

i had a lovely walk with you..beautiful picture.
love for you xx

CalamityJr said...

What a beautiful day for a walk - thanks for taking me along!

Rowyn said...

What a gorgeous walk.

Jackie said...

I think I'd get out and walk more often if I had such a beautiful place to walk. It's all concrete here. You're so fortunate to have such a beautiful spot close by.

Barb said...

What a delightful place to be in the autumn!

Jane said...

So beautiful Myra, I just love the Little Chapel and its surroundings ~ thanks for posting xxx

Mouse said...

oooo love your walk in the woods too .. I went to mine the other day .. no buildings though :) love mouse xxx

Catherine said...

Oh Myra! What a beautiful place to walk!! Thank so much for sharing!

Daffycat said...

What a beautiful autumn day for a walk, Myra! Your photos are just beautiful.

Gillie said...

I enjoyed walking with you both! Love the bottle caps!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Yesterday on Survivor Man he told that many parts, at different times of the year, of cattails are edible. He pulled one and seemed to enjoy the delectable, tender area near the root!
That's a darling, sweet chapel.

Penny said...

I enjoyed the beautiful walk! Autumn is such a pretty time of the year. What a sweet little chapel. :)

Carol said...

What a gorgeous day for a walk you had, Myra, and how nice that your son accompanied you :) Beautiful old buildings and scenic landscaped--NC is indeed gorgeous!

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

oh j'adore ! I love your pictures

bisous de france

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Such a pretty place to walk.

Pumpkin said...

What a wonderful walk! Thank you for taking me with you ;o) All of our trees have lost their leaves now so no colors here :o(

Gabriele said...

Thanks for taking us with you on the walk. The little chapel reminds me on "Little house in the prairie".
Greetings from germany, Gabi