background

Friday, December 23, 2011

My Heart Is Full

The generosity and kindness of friends in this blogging community just makes me so happy.  I was fortunate to receive 3 wonderful gifts this week that just filled my heart with joy.
 I admired this design in the JCS Christmas issue this year and had it on my list as one I wanted to stitch.  I couldn't have been more thrilled to find it in my mailbox finished to perfection by sweet Faye.  She is a genius when it comes to finishing.  This little beauty is in a boxtop!  I wish I had taken a picture of the back as it is a gorgeous Christmas plaid that compliments this design nicely.  Add that lucious chenille trim and a masterpiece it is!
Then my dear friend Carol sent this gorgeous ornament along with the little dish and tea towel.  She knows I love me some cardinals and this tiny one is one of the prettiest I have seen.  Her stitching and finishing is beyond compare.  I have said it before and I'll say it again - I want to be able to stitch like Carol when I grow up!

The dish is gorgeous too!

My sweet friend Norma gifted me with this precious little felt ornament.  I just love the vintage look of this one.  Aren't those little girls the sweetest things?  Norma and I "met" many moons ago on an art quilting forum and although I don't do much mixed media/art quilting now, she and I have remained good friends.

Ladies, I find it difficult to express in words how much I treasure these gifts.  They will always have a special place in my home (as you will in my heart). Thank you!  

16 comments:

Catherine said...

Oh my Myra!! What beautiful gifts you have received!! Treasures for always! Lucky, lucky you!

mainely stitching said...

How very special and sweet! :D

Jane said...

Beautiful gifts Myra and all are so you! From not knowing what a Red Cardinal was when I first started bloggins now everytime I see one I always think of you!
MERRY CHRISTMAS xxx

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

beautiful my friend !!!


Merry Christmas my friend !!!

the gift of France going for you ....

Chris said...

What beautiful additions to your tree. Stitching friends are truly the best.
Merry Christmas!

Carol said...

Lovely gifts for a lovely lady, Myra! I'm so glad my little cardinal stitching made you smile...

Wishing you and your guys a warm and wonderful Christmas Day, my friend :)

Andrea said...

Lovely gifts for a lovely lady.

Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Melissa said...

Those are beautiful ornaments!

Have a very Merry Christmas, Myra!

cucki said...

so sweet..merry christmas deary..
hugs cucki xx

Vonna said...

GORGEOUS pretties for a wonderful lady! Merry Christmas!

Mouse said...

ohhhh wonderful ... just sooo lovely .. and I love your comment you want to stitch as good as carol when you grow up ... i've got a few peeps like that too ..lol ... hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a merry stitchy new year :) love mouse xxxx

CATHI said...

You received such wonderful presents! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Cathi

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Myra,
I am back! Hope you and your family had a lovely Christmas! I am so happy you like my vintage looking ornament.Love the other things that you received too. Enjoy and hugs

Siobhan said...

What wonderful gifts! Everything is just gorgeous.

Pumpkin said...

You were definitely blessed! Those are some truly special gifts :o)

Karin said...

All is just beautiful!! Very special gifts. Can you tell me who the designer is for that lovely cardinal ornament?
Thanks!