background

Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Super Saturday

Yesterday I met Chris for lunch at Saffron in Greensboro.  Saffron specializes in Indian cuisine and it was my first experience with Indian food.  Let me just say that it was delicious!  I honestly have no idea what most of it was called but I do know that I really like Butter Chicken and Palak Paneer.   :o)

After we finished gorging ourselves ate we exchanged Christmas gifts.

 Isn't this ornament gorgeous??!!  I couldn't wait to get home and place it on my tree.  It is made of glass and the picture just doesn't show the lovely iridescence of the finish.
 And just look at these other goodies - a huge bundle of Northern Lights silk floss, a cute birdie notepad, and this wonderful little pottery piece from a local potter.  Chris said she envisioned it as a pincushion base and I think that would be gorgeous.  Now to find the right pattern to go with the motif and fit inside.
I couldn't resist taking a close up shot of the floss.  Aren't flosses pretty when bundled all together?

And since I am speaking of Chris...remember the Shepherd's Bush Harvest Fob kit she gifted me?
I finished it up this morning.  :o)

I had said before I am not a huge fan of SB designs but this one has me rethinking that .  I just love the purple along with the the autumnal colors and those little vegetables are just the cutest things.  I truly enjoyed every little stitch in this one.

I also love that there was a different design for the back.  Now, the back is a happy accident as the instructions said to count out so many threads from the design and pull that thread from the linen to give you a nice straight line to trim the linen for your fob.  I did that to the front design and then I did it to the back design too.   I never stopped to think that the design for the back was smaller than the design for the front.  Ugh!  What to do now?  Well, I took a strand of the perle cotton for the cording and stitched across every 3 threads around the design where I had pulled the thread from the linen.  Whew!  Stitchy catastrophe averted.  :o)

  Cute, cute, cute carrots, turnips, and onions!

Chris, thank you so much for making my Saturday a Super one!

21 comments:

Annie said...

I love SB designs. That one is super-cute and you did a great job on it. The carrot is such a great embellishment.

CalamityJr said...

What lovely gifts; the cardinal ornament is perfect for you - how thoughtful of Chris! The SB design is really nice, and you fixed your error in a way that you should really call intentional, it's so attractive.

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

oh very beautiful I love the bird ...
bisous de France

VegasJilly said...

great gifts!!

i remember saying i wasnt much of a fan of SB either and im not a new convert after completing two of their most recent small kits! LOL

Catherine said...

Love the cardinal Myra!! All of your gifts ate wonderful - great shot of your threads! Your SB finish looks great!

Daffycat said...

Love the glass ornament ~ just your style!

Super save with the mis-pulled thread! Whew!!! The little fob is just precious.

mainely stitching said...

What utterly lovely gifts! And I just love that little SB piece!!

Mouse said...

love that ornament :) and those flosses yummmmmm and that ornament is soooo cute a phew a disaster was averted :) love mouse xxxx

Deborah said...

Sounds like you both had a great day. The silks look lovely.

cucki said...

wow very sweet gift..sound like you had a wonderful day..
beautiful ornament..i love it so much..and all the flosses are so yummyy..
keep well.love for you xx

Chris said...

You are very welcome Myra!
I love the SB finish :)

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Beautiful ornament and stitching of course. :)

Ellen said...

Wonderful gifts from Chris, especially the silk floss!

Your SB's ornament is so gorgeous, love it!

Hugs,

Kathy A. said...

Beautiful cardinal. All those pretty threads - what fun.
Your stitching is gorgeous as always and what a great save!

Siobhan said...

Oh my gosh, what a cute cardinal!! Lovely stitching--congratulations on the finish. Love all those threads!

I LOVE Indian food! I'd never had it until the women neighbors decided to go for a meal at 'the local Indian', as they call it. I hadn't a clue what to order but a neighbor steered me around the menu. Now I LOVE Indian food and that's my first choice for a meal here. Yumm!

Have a great week, Myra!

Carol said...

Oh, what a perfect gift that cardinal ornament is for you, Myra. and all of that luscious thread--Chris is such a generous stitching friend. The two of you are very lucky to live nearby each other!

I am not a big SB fan either, but agree that the garden ornament is very sweet--love all the little details in it :)

BrendaS said...

Very nice gifts Myra and your little fob is so cute with all the little fruits and vegetables in there!

Have a great week:)

valerie said...

What a beautiful cardinal ornie from Chris! It sounds like you two had a fantastic time. Love the SB finish too! I am picky about SB designs...they start to grow on you! lol

Sharon said...

I love THAT cardinal! I could decorate my house with nothing but cardinals and I'd be a happy girl. What a sweet gift! The flosses are yummy and your finish is just too cute. I think you just might be a SB girl after all. :)

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Myra,
How have you been? I am again catching up on blogs. Wow love that bird ornament and the other gifts. The yarns look awesome together. Your new stitching projects turned out beautiful like everyone you make.
Hugs and if you have a chance come over to my blog and see my Christmas Around my Home photos!
Don't forget the comment. :)
Hugs

Pumpkin said...

That cardinal ornament is SO you Myra!!!! Lovely bundle of gifts :o)

That was very creative of you ;o) I think it looks like it belongs and if you never said anything, I would have thought it did!