background

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Winter Wonderland Exchange

I participated in the Winter Wonderland Exchange at Stitched With Love Exchanges .  I had Coleen as my partner and this is what I stitched for her:
"Hiver"
Freebie from Gazette 94

 And these are all the extra goodies I put into her package.  :o)  She said she was very happy with everything I sent and I am so happy to have met another blogging friend.  I had never visited Colleen's blog before and am so glad to have found her through this exchange.

Catherine  had my name.  :o)  It was a secret exchange and we weren't supposed to reveal who we were to our partner until after everyone had received their packages.  When I saw the return address, I knew it looked familiar.  A quick look inside my address book and I figured out which little elf was mine.  LOL  Here is the before opening: 
Isn't it all so pretty?

This is the piece she stitched for me.  I love it!  It is from an old JCS magazine and is a design by Little by Little.  Catherine's stitching and finishing is just superb!


I just had to take a picture of this gorgeous cardinal ornament she sent along as well.  Love the pinecones!

 And look at all the extras she sent!  A shopping bag with cardinals,  my first Kelmscott needleminder, a gorgeous pattern with cardinals, some 40 ct Lakeside Linen, and a whole fistful of red overdyed flosses.  She truly spoiled me and gave me a Cardinal Christmas!

If you have a chance, pop over to the Stitched With Love Exchange blog.  We have also been sharing recipes, favorite Christmas stitches, traditions, and pictures of our homes at Christmastime.  Lots of fun being had there and if you think you want to participate in an exchange I highly recommend this group.

I am woefully behind on email and blog reading.  Too many things going on in this week leading up to Christmas and not enough hours in the day.  Thank you all for the comments on my last post and I hope to get caught up Friday when I will have the day off work.

I have received a few special gifts from some special friends this week and am waiting for the yukky rain outside to subside so I can get some decent pictures.  More on that in my next blog post.  :o)

24 comments:

Chris said...

What a wonderful exchange! Everything is wonderful!

Shirlee said...

What beautiful things you both sent & received! Blessings, Shirlee

mainely stitching said...

What a sweet exchange, by two talented ladies!!

Nancy said...

Wonderful exchange!! The ornie you stitched is so cute! Love all the things sent and received!

Hope your Christmas is merry!

Carol said...

Oh, both your goodies given and received are wonderful, Myra... Cardinals galore from sweet Catherine!! Enjoy :)

Ellen said...

Great Exchanges!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Hugs,

Lisa V said...

Love your cardinal Christmas goodies. I had a very reindeer Christmas from my partner. I love this exchange group, it is soo much fun and I enjoy every round.

Kathy A. said...

What a wonderful exchange. I love all the pretty cardinal things. The little cardinal you stitched is very sweet too.

valerie said...

Wonderful exchanges to and from! So many cardinals! lol That bag from Catherine is gorgeous as are both ornies!

butterfly said...

Just wonderful exchanges.

Happy Christmas.

Siobhan said...

Oh my goodness, what fantastic exchanges!! I love the cardinals!

Tracey said...

Another cardinal lover here! Love what you stitched for the exchange... and what wonderful extra goodies you passed along. You were a lucky lady too... enjoy all your new STASH!

Mouse said...

oooo lovely goodies you got and sent too :) really like the cardinal stuff too :) hope you have a fab christmas and a stitchy new year :) love mouse xxxxx

Cindy's Stitching said...

All so pretty. great exchanges.

dixiesamplar said...

Awesome exchanges...love the ornie you received and all those goodies with it.

Sally said...

What fantastic exchanges!

Christina said...

The trim on the ornie you sent to Colleen is just lovely, really finishes off the ornie to perfection.
I too have been a recipient of one of Catherine's exchange packages and she is so generous. How lovely that all of the goodies were personalised for you.
Have a fantastic Christmas Myra. Looking forward to reading more of your posts inn 2012! X

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

beautiful pictures

have a good day my friend

cucki said...

everything is so sweet..lovely exchange gifts..have fun
love cucki xx

Colleen said...

Myra, Thank you again for your generous gifts in the exchange & the sweet stitching gift of cardinals & snowman! I love Cardinals and Snowmen. You were spoiled with the lovely gifts you received in the exchange. Have A very Merry Christmas with your family

Catherine said...

Wonderful goodies you sent to Collen - I know she is a lucky girl! I'm so glad you liked all of your goodies, I was excited to have you as my recipient and knew right away there had to be cardinals! Thank you so much for your kind words too, I'm blushing...
Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Very nice exchanges, given and received! Merry Christmas!

Pumpkin said...

Love the ornament you stitched! It is so you :o)

WOW! Catherine definitely had your number with all those cardinals ;o) LOL!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Wonderful gifts you received but I LOVE the ornament you did! Love that blue background. Everytime I read your blog, you're making me want to get back into x-stitching!