background

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Wrapping Up 2011

Can anyone tell me what happened to the rest of 2011?  I would really like to find it as it seems that this year flew by so quickly I am bound to be missing a week or two somewhere.  My mother always told me the older you get the faster time seems to go by and although I didn't believe her at the time I really do think she was right. 

The past week brought a couple of new treasures to my mailbox.

Mary sent me this wonderful Yankee Candle tea light holder.  It is gorgeous and I just love it.  Mary said in her note she hoped it wasn't cardinal overkill and I had to laugh.  Can anyone ever have too many cardinals?  I do believe I am now officially a collector of cardinals as I just love them so.   

Then an envelope arrived from dear Marylin in France with this little cutie tucked inside.  Marylin, your stitching and finishing is just gorgeous!  I honestly don't know how you ladies make such tiny perfect stitches on those small linen counts.  Another one to be treasured.

Then for Christmas I was introduced to two new loves in my life.  :o)

 This was one of my gifts to my husband but I have fallen in love with it.  From coffee and tea to apple cider and everything in between I am enjoying a cuppa of everything and love it all!
And then this dark, handsome thing strolled in and my life has not been the same since.
 (How did that monster hand sneak in there? Ack!)

I wasted no time in stitching him up some suitable attire for him to match my handbag.  His sleek nakedness was just too much of a distraction you know and besides, he needed to be protected.

I love that this case opens like a book.  I altered the pattern a bit to insure a proper fit and added a velcro closure instead of the button one on the pattern.  Now Mr. Tall, Dark, and Handsome can be tucked away all safe and sound.

In anticipation of my New Year start of Halloween Rules and my year long SAL with Mindi and anyone else that wants to join in I made myself another stitching tote.  I simplified this one a bit and didn't add as many pockets.


I also made a spider needleminder especially for this tote.  I really like to have these lengthy projects organized into their own little package so everything is there when I need it.  The purple scissors that Chris gifted me in the Harvest Fob kit are perfect for this project. 

Whew!  That was a lengthy post, wasn't it?  If you are still with me thank you and thank you for being with me this year and leaving pretty comments and wonderful words of encouragement.  I think you are all very pretty.  :o)

I would like to wish each and every one of you a heartfelt wish for a happy, healthy, prosperous, and stitch filled New Year!  (Just as soon as I can find those missing weeks of 2011, I will celebrate along with you.)  :o)

28 comments:

Jackie said...

I love the stitching tote you made Myra. And the spider needleminder? Too cute for words!

MoonBeam said...

Love your kindle cover...it came out great.

Deborah said...

Wonderful gifts. I love the Kindle cover and the project folder. Happy New year.

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Umm huh! gotta love a cuppa! Now we know what they've been talking about, don't we? Yummy! Girl, you'll just whip up something in a minute, won't you? Great job on the projects. You're too cool. Happy New Year!

Daffycat said...

This year flew by for me too! I'm thinking 2012 is going to be a fabulous one.

No, can't have too many Cardinals. The candle from Mary is a sweet treat.

Goodness, Santa sure spoiled you this Christmas! I love the awesome things you can create with your sewing machine. You ROCK!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Myra,
Happy New Years Eve!
So many lovely things. Love that little Cardinal. The stitchery from Mary is lovely. Your Mr. Tall, Dark and Handsome looks really happy in his sheltered home! LOL
The cases are gorgeous like everything you do!
Hugs and have a lovely day! Talk to you next year! LOL

Shelleen said...

You received a couple of cute gifts and I absolutely LOVE your Halloween project bag. It is gorgeous!

Mouse said...

ooooo lovely cardinal :) just love the tote and the tall dark sleek man hehehehe ... and wonderful organised tote too to take you through the next year of wonderful stitching :)
love mouse xxxxx

cucki said...

wow beautiful gifts..love your knidle cover so much..
wishing you a very happy new year..
hugs cucki xx

Carol said...

HA HA!! Love the sleek nakedness of your new Kindle Fire, Myra!! Your case is fantastic--I think you can create just about anything you set your mind to! Are you just loving the Kindle Fire? My youngest son got one and is having a grand time with it.

Nice new tote for Halloween rules, too! And such a cute little needleminder spider :)

Beautiful gifts from Mary and Marylin--enjoy!!

Wishing you a joyful new year, my friend :)

Shirlee said...

No, one can never have too many cardinals ... lol! I wish you a very Happy New Year! Blessings, Shirlee

Vonna said...

WOW! you got some good gifts :) Not surprising since you're such a good girl all year long :) I got a Nook and love it, so I imagine you love Mr. Tall Dark and Handsome.
Your project bag is the sweetest accompaniment to your SAL with Mindi! Good Luck!
Happy New Year!

Pumpkin said...

Such wonderful gifts!!!! Looks like Santa sure found your house ;o)

Your Kindle and SAL bag are just too cute and perfectly done. I think Nia and I are doing Halloween Rules as a SAL as well :o)

Nancy said...

What a cute stitching tote and such a pretty kindle cover! I got a kindle fire for Christmas too and love it!

Wishing you a Blessed 2012!

carol fun said...

I love the cover for your Kindle - I got a Fire too and I think it needs a custom cover. As for 2011, I swear that at least one week a month disappeared. My sainted grandma said the same thing about time moving faster the older you got - so, so true. Hope you have a wonderful New Year! Lots of stitching for all of us!

Catherine said...

Great gifts Myra! Love the cover you made! Wishing you a wonderful New Year, filled with love, laughter, heal, happiness and many stitchy projects!

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

BONNE ANNEE 2012 !!!!!!

Bisous de FRANCE

mainely stitching said...

Wonderful gifts, and very cool kindle cover! Best wishes for 2012!

Friendship Crossing said...

Such wonderful gifts Myra but I esp. LOVE the kindle cover and tote you made~they are darling!!

Happy New Year!

Tanya

Karen said...

Oh my goodness....that Halloween tote is just too cute! Love that fabric too.

Hope you have a happy stitchy new year!

Colleen said...

Awesome Gifts, Myra. So love those cardinals. Yes, the Halloween tote is cute. Have a Happy, Healthy New Year. Looking forward to seeing all your stitching projects in 2012!

Ellen said...

Wonderful gifts! I love your sewing, great pouch/tote!

Happy New Year to you and your family!

Mary said...

Happy New Year Myra! I hope the year ahead is filled with happiness and blessings for you and your family.

I LOVE your Kindle cover..as I've said before...YOU are one very talented seamstress :)

Here's hoping you ENJOY every minute of your "cuppas", great reads and stitching

Happy 2012, many blessings and ((HUGS))

Stitching Noni said...

How clever are you? I love your kindle cover and your stitching tote is fabulous - what a great idea. The cardinal is so sweet.

All the best 2012!

http://firefliescatsinthegarden.blogspot.com/

CATHI said...

Wonderful gifts! A Happy New Year to you!

Cathi

Mindi said...

Love the tote you made! I'm just using one of my standard project bags - a clear plastic Shepherd's Bush bag :p

I totally miss my Keurig. It was a great way for me to limit my coffee intake, and indulge in flavored coffees without getting bored having to finish a whole bag of beans before opening a new flavor.

I hope you enjoy your new Kindle Fire, and he's got a spiffy cover to protect him. I love the Nook I bought almost a year ago. After trying to hobble around on crutches for 8 weeks, and carry an 800 page Gabaldon hardback at the same time, I decided it was time to move to the digital age.

Lisa said...

oh Myra, I am in love with your kindle cover! hubby bought me a leather one when he purchased my kindle last july, but it's so heavy for my weak wrists that I always have to take it out of the cover, can I ask if this stitched one is quite light?
love your new tote, you are so clever with your sewing machine, you really will have to come stay with me for a holiday and teach me how!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Lucky girl! A Kindle Fire! I've been debating a regular Kindle since we have an iPad already at home. I LOVE to read but truly, with work, home, husband, Punk and sewing... who has time to read?!