background

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Forgotten Finish

For Christmas I stitched for my friend Vera a By The Bay freebie "Let Your Light Shine" but in my haste to get it to her before the big day I failed to take a picture.  Luckily Vera got a new camera for Christmas and was able to send me a picture.  I left off the wording and stitched mine using DMC floss.  So this is my last finish of 2011.

I have my first finish/finish for 2012:

"Joy"
Helga Mandl Designs
32 ct Antique Blue Linen/DMC floss
This satisfies one of my "unspoken" goals for 2012 - to stitch a Christmas ornament each month.  I would really like to have 12 new ones to add to my tree this year.

I hope you are all having a lovely week.  Thanks for stopping by!

23 comments:

Shirlee said...

Love them both : ) Blessings, Shirlee

Friendship Crossing said...

They are both very sweet Myra!! Love the way you've finished them!

Tanya

Karen said...

The Joy ornament is just the cutest! Can't wait to see next month's ornament!

happy stitching...

carol fun said...

Both of these are wonderful pieces! I do love that chubby little bird - so sweet!

Cindy's Stitching said...

Both are very pretty. Sweet start to 2012

Colleen said...

Lovely gift for Vera! Congrats on your first ornie finish for 2012. I should be done with my this weekend. I too, hope to have 12 new ornies this year. Happy stitching, Myra.

April said...

Both are great !!!

Nancy said...

Both ornaments are so cute but I especially love Joy!

butterfly said...

Lovely ornament Myra , I love any thing called joy.

Christina said...

I love Helga Mandl designs! 'Joy' will look beautiful on your tree this year.

cucki said...

they both are so sweet..
big hugs xx

CATHI said...

What beautiful ornies you made!

Cathi

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

sublime !
bisous bisous

Chris said...

Beautiful finishes Myra!

Sally said...

Gorgeous finishes Myra. Love your LHN Monthly Sampler in your previous post too. My DH keeps saying I should do some new ones as I've had the same ones on display each month for years!

Carol said...

Darling finish for Vera, Myra--the little charm is a special touch, too. And how cute is your first monthly ornament finish!! I've never seen that design before and it is adorable... You're off to a good start. My January one is just about finished :)

Lynn said...

Great finishes! Joy is so sweet. Don't you just love Helga's designs? I have this one among others in my stash and I really should check them out more often.

robindefender said...

I LOVE the little birdie carrying the ornament! What a cute little design!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Nice end to 2011 and great beginning for 2012. This will be a monthly treat for US, too!

Catherine said...

Lovely finishes Myra!!

Elaine said...

Congrats on your two lovely finishes Myra!

Lois said...

Two lovely finishes Myra!

Pumpkin said...

Cute and cute! Congrats on your first 2012 finish Myra :o)