background

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Love-ly and a Winner

Hello dear friends!  The wind is really howling outside here in NC and we are about to have our first real winter temperatures of the season.  Our wind chill is supposed to be in the single digits tonight and in the morning.  Brrrr!

I always try to stitch at least one small for every holiday/season.   For Valentine's Day I chose to stitch the Bonus Pin Pillow chart that is included with the "Not All Of Us" Inspiration Boxer by Lizzie Kate.

35 ct HDF Mystery Linen/Various Overdyed Floss from stash
Pin Pillow finish with crushed walnut shells and gorgeous Victorian Motto trim
(I am in love with Nancy's trims)
I think this one would be suitable for Valentine's Day as well as a nice little spring piece to display.

Yesterday I had to make yet another trip to the endodontist.  I awakened with a toothache and off to the dentist I went.  I arrived at the dentist at 11:30 am and did not get home until 3:30 pm.  What a way to spend a Friday!  So, today with plenty of Vicodin onboard I decided to spend most of it sewing.  Speaking of sewing...a couple of weeks ago I made my partner in Halloween Rules crime a project bag to keep all her "Rules" things organized. 


Mindi has received it and says she really likes it.    I loved this fabric and it told me it wanted to be a project bag.  :o)  Which reminds me...I need to get back to stitching my "Rules". 

What's that you say?  You want to know who won the mug rug and the birdie?  Hmmm, well let me see...the random number generator chose....

Congratulations Jennifer and thank you to all who visited and for all your kind comments.  I wish I could send each and every one of you something. 

I hope you are all having a fabulous weekend.  I am off to sew a little more this evening. Enjoy your Sunday! 

27 comments:

Lynn said...

Congratulations Jennifer! You're a very lucky lady!
I spotted Mindi's posting of your project bag. It's so cute! I adore the fabric.
Great Valentine stitch too. It will be great to keep on display right through spring.

CalamityJr said...

Congratulations to Jennifer. Myra, I love your new finish - just be careful what you're doing with needles while taking Vicodin!

Nancy said...

Love your Valentine finish! That little heart is a nice touch! Cute project bag too! The fabric is perfect! Stay warm!

Deborah said...

Very nice Valentine finish! The bag you made for Mindi is beautiful. Great fabric. Congrats to Jennifer!

Keeper of the Crowes said...

The project bag that you made is too cute!!!
Linda

Kathy A. said...

Lovely Valentine stitch Myra. And what a cute project bag!

butterfly said...

How I love your sweet little ornament, it's just so cute , love the bag you made.
Hope you are feeling better.

Lois said...

What a nice Valentine stitch Myra! Such pretty colours. Congrats to Jennifer on winning your giveaway and the project bag for Mindi is lovely! Hope your mouth is feeling better soon.

CATHI said...

Congrats to Jennifer! And your Valentine finish is wonderful! :o)

Cathi

Vickie Niggemann said...

I "love" your little pin pillow! :)

Carol said...

Such a cute little finish, Myra--and I really love how you've trimmed it...

Ugh--another trip to the dentist? You poor thing--that really does sound like a horrid way to spend your Friday! Hopefully that's it for this year!!

I saw your darling Halloween pouch on Mindi's blog and just love it--your work is so well-done as always :)

Siobhán said...

Congratulations to Jennifer! I love your little pin pillow, Myra. How adorable!

I hope you're feeling better soon!

cucki said...

congratulations to jennifer..
i love the pillow so much..very cute..
hope you feel better soon..
hugs cucki xx

Jennifer said...

Love the new finish. It is definitely one that will carry into more than one season. There you go again......encouraging me with fabulous finishes and fun ideas!

Speaking of love, I can't wait for my little bird to arrive so that I can show him some love. Guess I will be stalking the mail man!

Happy stitches!

Shirlee said...

I love the little pin pillow : ) Blessings, Shirlee

Shelleen said...

Love that project bag.

Lana said...

Love your little valentine finish! so cute!

Jackie said...

I hope you're feeling better - 4 hours at the dentist doesn't sound fun at all.

Love the bag you made!

April said...

Congrats to Jennifer! Sorry about the dentist trip! It is Brrrr here in Bama too! I have been catching up on blog reading. lol I love that faric! Do you happen to know who makes it or a name. It is so cute! Stay Warm and stitching!

Ranae said...

Pretty little pin pillow.
I love the Halloween bag for Mindi, I seen it on her blog already, perfect for Rules
Congrats! to Jennifer

Ellen said...

Lovely pin pillow! I must stitch mine soon! That project bag is just beautiful!

Hugs,

Pumpkin said...

What a sweet finish!

Sorry to hear about your tooth :o( Hopefully it can be fixed soon.

I LOVE IT!!!!! OMG, I just LOVE IT! Lucky Mindi ;o)

Congrats to Jennifer!

Sally said...

Your pin pillow is so sweet Myra.

Love the project bag you made for Mindi! It's gorgeous.

Congratulations to Jennifer:)

I hope you are feeling better.

Mouse said...

ohhh well done to Jennifer .. just catching up on posts as had a few days off ....
love your wee love pillow too and the bag :) love mouse xxxxx

Catherine said...

Yuck on the tooth problems! I do hope you are feeling better! Great projects Myra! Your finishes are always so lovely. Congrats to Jennifer!!

Patty C. said...

Cute pin pillow-
Congrats to Jennifer ;)

msmartello said...

Congrats Jennifer! Very cute giveaway! You're so lucky! Myra I love your birds!

Maureen