background

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Happy Mail!

Hello dear friends!  I hope all of you are safe from the storms that swept across our country yesterday and I pray for those who lost so much.  We had heavy rain and winds here but that was about it.

This week's mail brought a wonderful surprise from Miss Becky.  :o) 
Needless to say I was absolutely thrilled when I saw these old bobbins, that wonderful oil can, and the frog!  I have so many ideas swirling around in my head with uses/finished for them I can't decide just yet what to do with them.  Right now I am enjoying looking at them and imagining all the hands that touched them throughout the years.  Thank you Becky for making my week extra special!

I have been spending most of my spare time at the sewing machine.  It seems I have found another use for my little birds.

 I painted, distressed, and waxed a paper mache box - glued on a bit of trim - and found the perfect resting place for another bird.  :o)
 I mounted some Blueberry Crumb Cake fabric inside the top and bottom of the box too.
I think this might make a nice giveaway sometime in the near future.

I have been visiting your blogs as time allows but I am mostly using my Kindle Fire to keep up.  I am not very good at touch screen typing and apologize for not always leaving a comment.  You are all such an inpiration to me with your gorgeous stitching and finishing.

I am currently doing some sewing that I will offer for sale in the near future.  Birds and Stitchers Tote A Longs are on the agenda for tomorrow and I hope to have pictures to show soon.

Enjoy your weekend my friends!  Thank you for stopping by - I really appreciate each and every one of you.

25 comments:

Deborah said...

Wonderful new home for one of your sweet birds.

Diana said...

The box is a cute way to display your birds. I love the Blueberry Crumb Cake inside the box.

CalamityJr said...

What a lovely way to tuck away a little something!

Ellen said...

Love the box! Great way to displace this adorable bird!

Hugs,

butterfly said...

What great gifts from Becky and your little bird box is beautiful thanks for sharing.

Krista said...

What an adorable little bird, sitting perfect in that nest on that box. Have a lovely Sunday. :)

Mouse said...

ooo well done on your goodies from Becky I can see the smoke coming out as you think of ideas heeheheh ... love your new bird house tooo :) love mouse xxxx

Vickie said...

Very, very nice Myra. :)

Catherine said...

How sweet is Becky!! Those are wonderful things she sent to you Myra!!
How and that box, I am swooning......

Daffycat said...

Oooo, that Becky...she is just so sweet! Isn't it funny, I know so many blogging "Beckys" but I knew exactly which one sent you the RAK without looking? Enjoy your RAK!

Aww, that IS a cute home for your birds! I adore the little key charm....

Chris said...

I love the box Myra! Another wonderful home for the birds.
I know that the sewing will be very popular and successful.
Have a lovely week :)

Deb said...

I love the idea of using those birds to top a sewing box!

And congrats on the goodies from Becky!! The mail man was definitely good to you this week!

Carol said...

I'm sure you'll come up with something very creative for those special gifts from Becky, Myra!! You have such a wonderful way of seeing beyond the ordinary uses for things and making them special :)

Lovely new idea for your birds, too... I'm glad you're having such fun with those little guys!

I'm the same way with my iPad--find it hard to comment on blogs with the touch screen. I make so many mistakes and it takes me so long! But, aren't they great to own!!

Melissa said...

What lovely mail from Miss Becky! Looking forward to seeing what you will do with them.

What a great way to "finish" the bird in a nest. So cute!

Nancy said...

Becky sent you some great gifts! Cute box finish!

BeckySC said...

Myra, the bird and box are just gorgeous :)
Have a lovely week :)

Mindi said...

Love the package of goodies Becky sent you, I can just imagine the possibilities of what to do with them.

Your box turned out fabulous with the bird in its nest on the top.

I know exactly what you're talking about with being able to read blogs on the Kindle, but it being hard to comment. I have the same issue with email on my phone. Very easy to read it right away, but not so great at typing out answers on it.

robindefender said...

That is one truly lucky bird! I love the little box you created.

Pumpkin said...

Now that's a nice surprise to receive in the mail!

Your creative juices are really flowing. Your bird looks like he belongs right there :o)

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

beautiful bird ...

bisous de FRANCE My Dear

Lois said...

Another lovely idea Myra! What nice goodies from Becky too.

Lynn said...

Such a thoughtful gift from Becky! I can't wait to see what ideas you come up with for them.
The bird looks wonderful on the box finish!

Sally said...

Lovely gifts from Becky. I can't wait to see what you do with them.

Love the box and your bird :)

Patty C. said...

I am dreaming of birds in my sleep ;)

geeky Heather said...

What a sweet little BLUE bird! (My favorite color! =) And the box you made is wonderful. I hope to find one of those frogs in an antique store some day!