background

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Kindling :o)

Hello dear friends!  I certainly didn't mean to be away from my little bit of the web for so long.  I have been doing a lot of sewing in anticipation of selling some of my wares.  While doing all this sewing I managed to acquire this:
Yes, I am having a nasty bout with tennis elbow.  Let me tell you this getting old thing sure isn't for sissies.  I have been quite painful for the past week and have been trying to rest my arm as much as I can.  I think the combination of grasping fabric for machine quilting and holding linen in hand for stitching got the best of me.  I am hoping I will be able to pick up where I left off this weekend and finish up some things I have in the works.

I am happy to report I am still madly in love with my Kindle Fire.  :o)  My son had been commenting on  how much I use and enjoy it and broke down and got one for himself with his tax $.   Now we are exchanging books and discussing the best strategy for beating the next level of Angry Birds.  :o)  I have read 16 books on it since Christmas so I am definitely getting my money's worth.  Out of the 16 only 3 of those were purchased.  Many have been borrowed from my county library but lots of them were free from Kindle Nation Daily or Pixel of Ink

I have also managed to snag a few useful apps including an embroidery floss organizer.  I was so excited to be able to input all of my flosses and be able to know with a touch of a finger whether I had a certain one in my stash.  It took a bit of ingenuity and a friend with a smart phone as Amazon hasn't "approved" a floss app for the Kindle yet but the one I have works great.

Most of my sewing time has been spent making these "Stitcher's Tote A Longs":

I have completed another one in this fabric and have 3 more in the works using BBD Blueberry Crumb Cake fabric.  I just love these for kitting, storing, and toting my stitching and I am hoping some of you will too.  :o)

I am looking forward to a long weekend as I have taken Friday and Monday off this week.  Time to get the garden plots ready for planting and maybe sneak in some sewing and stitching if my elbow allows.

Thank you for visiting!  I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

27 comments:

Mother of Mayhem said...

Myra,
Love, love, love that bag...and I love your birds too. When will you be selling the bags or the birds because I will be the first in line to buy both!

I hope your tennis elbow feels better soon. I can only imagine that must be very painful.

Karen in Maryland
kmkelch@comcast.net

Faye said...

Ouch...That tennis elbow sounds kinda scary!! LOVE the project bag for sure....LOTS of work went into it!!!

carol fun said...

The project bag is such a clever organizer. Prettty fabrics too. Hope the elbow feels better very soon - getting older is definitely not for sissies! Oh I love my Kindle Fire too - use it all the time and like you I rarely buy a book and I have so many cool books waiting for me.

Becky said...

Myra, I LOVE your project bags - like you, I never met one I didn't like, and I certainly appreciate the time and effort that goes into each one. Please do let us know when you're ready to sell - you always make such great choices in colors and patterns! Well wishes with your tennis elbow.

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patty C. said...

Love the tote alongs -
Sorry about the elbow

Deborah said...

I look forward to seeing what you are making for sale. The tote is lovely. Sorry about the tennis elbow. You are so right -- getting older isn't for sissies. lol

butterfly said...

Sorry you are in so much pain, I use to knit allot and had tennis elbow for years so I know how it feels poor you.
Your sewing is just wonderful.

Krista said...

What beautiful bags! I am jealous of your kindle fire... sounds like you can do so much on that one. I have a kobo which works just fine but doesn't have all the bells and whistles that you can find with the new ones like internet surfing.
Hope your tennis elbow feels better! Have a great weekend!

Daffycat said...

OUCH! You take care of that elbow!

The stitching tote looks awesome and very handy!

Mouse said...

gorgeous stitching on the totes :)

sorry about the tennis elbow .. been there seen and done that and had a golfers one tooo eeekkkkk ...

take care and rest them up as much as possible :) love mouse xxxxxx

Ellen said...

Love the stitcher's tote! Great sewing and fabrics!

Hope you are feeling better now!

Hugs,

Vickie said...

Your sewing is great Myra. I had the elbow trouble and the wrist pain also. The BEST thing for it was REST. Trust me, that was hard, hard, hard for me to not be stitching or sewing, but it is only temporary until the pain is gone. :)♥

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Ouch, ouch, ouch ... Sorry!
You've turned out some fine projects! Love your bag. Hope the weather holds for your gardening plans.

Maggee said...

Gosh--tennis elbow! And you didn't even play tennis! Hope it goes away and you can resume your activities! I love the sewing tote, and want to be on the list as an interested buyer! Hugs!

Vera said...

Ouch Myra! Hope the elbow improves fast. Love, love, love your tote -- it is gorgeous! And, yes to gardening season!! We had lettuce and spinach from the cold frame last night:) and have some sets to put in this weekend. I'm off to FL next week!! Take care. Vera

Kathy A. said...

Oh hon - so sorry to hear about the tennis elbow. I have been suffering from the same thing off and on this past year. When I sit down to do a couple of solid days of stitching if flares up. I hope that you give it a good rest.
I love your new project bags. They are wonderful. I hope they will be for sale.

Deb said...

I love your Totes! What a great idea. But I don't love that you've got Tennis Elbow. I hope that it's feeling better soon!!

Carol said...

I was wondering if everything was okay with you, Myra... so sorry to hear about your sore elbow. I've got some weird thing going on with my right bicep muscle, too. Not fun, is it? I've actually had the thought that it could be caused by too much iPad / Kindle usage--horrors!!

16 books--wow! You must be one fast reader--any good ones that you especially loved?

Your Tote-A-Long bag is darling--so nicely done :)

You take care of that elbow now!! Enjoy your weekend, my friend :)

Sally said...

Tennis elbow is so painful. I hope yours eases soon.

Love your tote-a-long bag!

carolm said...

Love your totes... maybe you should sell them. Hope the tennis elbow heals but really it is a great excuse if you get pulled over.. experience here...

Catherine said...

Ouch Myra! I hope your elbow is feeling better!
Your project bag is beautiful ~ I love the fabrics you have used!! Enjoy your weekend and take it easy on that elbow!

Pumpkin said...

Well that's no fun :o( Rest up and hopefully it will go away soon.

Your creations are always beautiful but you may have to pace yourself now.

There's a floss app???? I just got a smart phone and would LOVE to know where you got it :o)

Mindi said...

Oh Myra, you need to take it easy with that tennis elbow! Ice, ice, ice! But, the bags you've been sewing are adorable, love the fabrics you chose, and the magic pockets for storing everything in.

I love my Nook, but haven't been using it so much recently. The local library doesn't make it easy to do digital books, so I've been forced to go back to old fashioned print books. But I figure that's better than buying books, since I read so quickly.

Ranae said...

I really love that stitcher's tote.
Enjoy that Kindle, they are fun
I'm sorry about the elbow hope it gets better real soon for you

valerie said...

Myra, I hope that your elbow is feeling better and allowing you to do some beloved stitching and sewing! Love the project bag! Hope you're enjoying your long weekend!

Lois said...

Myra, sorry to hear that you're suffering from tennis elbow. I know how painful that is and how long it can be around for. What a great project bag!