background

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Day Trippin'

Hello Friends!  DH and I took a day trip to Salisbury today.  I wanted to visit Spring Robin and take Sergei along for framing.  I did a little research and found a few other things to do while we were there.

Spring Robin Cross Stitch was wonderful and Robin was so nice and helpful.  Her prices on framing are very reasonable and she has lots of choices in moldings.   There was a wonderful mural across the street from her shop.


Spring Robin also has a large selection of charts and supplies.  I managed to pick up just a few things to add to my stash.  :o)


While we were there we took a driving tour of the Historic National Cemetery and the Confederate Prison site.  We also took a tour of the Dr. Josephus Hall House.
It was really nice for the two of us to get out of town and do something together without feeling rushed to get back home.  I highly recommend a visit to this wonderful old city that is full of southern history.  I took lots of pictures inside the Hall house as well a few of the cemetery and the prison site.  You can find them in my webshots album in the folder titled Salisbury 2012 if you would like to see them. 

20 comments:

Chris said...

Yea! Did you like the Hall house? What did you think of that ceiling?
The shop looks like it was great. We need to get together so that we can talk all about it!

Catherine said...

Sounds like a perfectly wonderful day!

Ellen said...

That mural is gorgeous! Love your stash! Sounds like you have a wonderful visit with your DH!

Hugs,

April said...

Love your pictures!! Sounds like my kind of place to visit! Love that stash you purchased!! I have been wanting to get that shuttle pattern and a shuttle too!!

ANNA said...

Love the muriel - you had me very confused - I thought I drove through Salisbury yesterday and did not see the pic but I have realised you mean Salisbury USA not Salisbury UK :-) - how funny. I was about to get in the car to have another look :-)

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

C'est vraiment magnifique !
bisous de FRANCE

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

C'est vraiment magnifique !
bisous de FRANCE

Christina said...

Ahhh, what I wouldn't give to live in a house like that! One day maybe...

butterfly said...

Sounds like a wonderful day out.

Vickie said...

Good for the two of you! Thank you for sharing all of those photos, I enjoyed them very much. :)

Carol said...

What a nice little getaway for you and your husband, Myra! That mural is incredible--a taste of the old South! Lovely new stash, too. The Heinzit shuttle looks interesting--haven't seen that before. And oh, that house--they sure don't build 'em like that anymore, do they?

Glad you enjoyed your day--may your coming week be as pleasant :)

Charlene ♥ SC said...

That's a nice getaway! That mural is a whopper, isn't it? Nice goodies, and lovely photos. Thanks for sharing!

Penny said...

That mural is amazing! And it sounds like a wonderful day all around! :)

Deb said...

I love your pictures and you picked up some great stash!!

Barb said...

That house is beautiful!! You don't see places like that very often in the Pacific NW. Sounds like a delightful day!

Mouse said...

ooooo well done on quality time together and love your wee stash enhancement and love that house :) love mouse xxxxx

Sally said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day. Nice new stash :)

Daffycat said...

This sounds like a fun day! I can't wait to see Sergei all framed up. You were so modest with your stash purchases!

Simple Pleasure said...

Myra
Thank you for sharing the wonderful photos. I have a fascination with old homes...this one is such eye candy...I could be packed and ready to move in by the weekend! LOL We once owned a Victorian built in 1871...ah, it was wonderful!
I am intrigued with the spindle you purchased. I haven't seen this before; must check it out.
Busy Hands...Happy Heart
Patricia

Lorrie said...

What a fun day! Everyone needs a day like this once in awhile.