background

Monday, April 2, 2012

Kindness

The kindness of others in this blogging community continues to amaze me.  I am so delighted and honored to be a part of it.

Last week my friend Norma surprised me with this little Easter postcard:
 Norma is such a talented artist I am always thrilled to receive a piece of her work.  I failed to take a picture of the envelope but it was as pretty as the postcard.

Then, this week I plucked this from my mailbox:

Sweet Nataly has sent me a RAK gift of her gorgeous counting pins.  Doesn't the little booklet make the most wonderful presentation for her pins?  I don't own any counting pins and know these will be used often and with a smile.  :o)  

I had big plans for my garden on Saturday but with the rain it was a total washout.  Luckily I managed to get all the weeding done Friday evening before the rain began.  The plan was to haul a couple of loads of topsoil in and prepare them for planting.  I am hoping I can get this accomplished this weekend. 


Check out the rogue rosemary bush on the right side of my herb garden.  I guess I need to start using some fresh rosemary in my cooking.  The upper left plant is oregano, lower left lavender, and the tiny spot of green front and center is a volunteer Italian parsley plant that must have reseeded itself from last year.  I will be planting some basil and cilantro in here soon.


While perusing patterns and trying to decide what to do with my new oil can stash,  I decided this will most likely be stitched soon to adorn the copper one I found.  I just love Brenda's designs and don't you know this little bird just tickled my fancy.

Since I haven't had the time or inclination to do any stitching for Easter, I decided to whip up a quick sewing project to display.

Doesn't Mr. Bunny look cute atop the oil can Miss Becky sent to me?  You can't really tell from the picture but I coffee dyed the fabric to "age" it a bit.  His little tail is made from some of Nancy's Victorian Motto chenille and his collar is also some of Nancy's ric rac trim.  Rather plain and simple but I just think he's adorable.  :o)

I hope you all enjoyed your weekend,
are having a great start to your week,
and will celebrate a blessed Easter!

28 comments:

carol fun said...

What a wonderful bunny! Just perfect that oil can. I hadn't heard of counting pins before but I can see where they would be very helpful along with being very pretty. Good luck with the garden. Good soil makes all the difference but boy it is back-breaking getting it spread. (ask me how I know this - LOL!) Have a great week!

BeckySC said...

Oh Myra...I ADORE that bunny!! WOW!

Carol said...

You amaze me with how easily you can "whip up" those darling creatures of yours, Myra! The bunny is adorable...

Sorry to hear about all the rain ruining your gardening plans. Hopefully this coming weekend will be better. You are so lucky to be able to have your garden out in the open like that--our deer would be feasting off our garden if we didn't have it fenced in.

Enjoy those thoughtful gifts from Norma and Nataly :)

Deborah said...

That bunny is the cutest. I agree with Carol, you amaze me with your sewing.

April said...

The rabbit is so cute!! I have some oil cans laying around.. I love Brenda's designs too! Hope you can get to that garden soon. Those pins are cute.. I have been working on cards to send out.. My doesn't look as good as Norma's!! So pretty!

Cole said...

I love the rabbit!!

butterfly said...

Lovely Easter card and pin gifts.
What a beautiful rabbit.

Mouse said...

blimey wish I could nip up something that quick ..lol
absolutely gorgeous bunny for Easter in my favourite colours :)
love your counting pins too mine have been put to use too already
and hope you get your gardening done this weekend too :)
love mouse xxxxx

Daffycat said...

Sweet counting pins! Those are so handy.

I love your plans to stitch the bird. Cute! And OMG your bunny is awesome!

Chris said...

Wow Myra! That is a great bunny! You are very talented.
I need to get things for the garden. Maybe I will have a chance this weekend.
What wonderful things you got in the mail :) It is so wonderful to receive something so special.
Have a great week!

Vickie said...

:D Your bunny is awesome. :D Easter Blessings to you Myra.

Shirlee said...

Myra ... You have tempted me long enough with those oil cans & I am now collecting them myself! I am, if nothing else, easily influenced ... lol!

Catherine said...

What sweet gifts Myra!!
Lovely garden spots! Isn't it great to have those herbs that don't need to be planted every year?
Love that bird project! And your bunny that you just "whipped up" ~ sssoooo cute!! Your sewing talents never cease to amaze and inspire!
Hugs!

Cathy B said...

Mr. Bunny is very cute - Happy Easter!

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Love the counting puns! What a sweet gift!
Your oil can bunny is adorable, Myra.

dixiesamplar said...

Love the bunny oil can!! What a great idea for a finish.

And what a sweet and thoughful gift; those pins are gorgeous!

I received my bird box and it is gorgeous...thank you so much for offering it in the giveaway. I will treasure it...and, it matches my pincushion, scissors fob, and snippet bag :o)

Ranae said...

I just love your oil can bunny, Myra
Lovely postcard and neat needlebook score with the pins, yay!

geeky Heather said...

Love love love the oil can bunny!!

Nancy said...

Love that bunny! Great pick for your new start!

Ellen said...

Beautiful gifts!

Love that bunny! He looks great on the oil can!

Hugs,

~*Shar*~ said...

Love the rabbit hun; great idea..I'd love to give you the Liebster Award hun; check out the details on my blog..

Hugs, Shar

MartyG said...

Myra, this is the cutest bunny ever. Marty

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Springtime garden plan are always Optional - right? That oregano just about took over my herb garden - that is now taken by weeds! It will come. Nice presents-the pins are so cute! Love your bunny, too!

Sally said...

Beautiful gifts and I love that bunny!

Pumpkin said...

Those are some lovely gifts you received in the mail :o)

Just looking out the window, I can see some of my plants coming back up and it's exciting!

What an adorable project!!!! Of course you should do more bunnies now ;o)

Patty C. said...

Your Bunny is just darling
Happy Easter Myra :)

Carole said...

Nice post. You might like this Wordsworth quote about little acts of kindness. Carole's Chatter blogspot Acts of Kindness

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

very lovely the rabbit ...
bisous de France