background

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Summer Garden

Thank you all for your wonderful comments on my son's graduation photo.  I am still just beaming with pride.  :o)  Some of you didn't realize I had twins.  They are fraternal twin boys (some have said they are mirror image twins but I don't know about all that) and are now 24 years old. 

We had a late frost a couple of weeks ago that pretty much ruined my tomato and cucumber plants but that didn't stop me from "planting" a garden of a different sort.
"Summer Garden"
Little House Needleworks
CC floss supplied in kit


This finished up to be a rather large pillow - 10"x10" square.  The fabric you see at the bottom of the pillow is also used for the backing.  It really brightens my mantle.

This chart is up for grabs if anyone wants it.  I used all the floss so it is only the chart.  If you are interested, please send me an email.  I'll draw a name later in the week if there is more than one who would like to have it.

I had a wonderful lunch yesterday with Chris  so we could catch up with all the doings in our lives and solve a few of the world's problems.  :o)  I had finished up a few of her lovely stitched pieces that I wanted to return to her and she gifted me with some of the cutest bird charms which I failed to snap a picture of.  Head on over to her blog and take a look at her beautiful stitching.

I hope you all had a lovely weekend.  This will be another busy week for me with another graduation to attend.  Thank you so much for your visits!


36 comments:

Karen said...

Cute finish Myra... love the colors on that blue!

Congrats to your son.... happy stitching...

Jennifer said...

I would love to get my grubby hands on that one. It would be perfect for my summer exchange!

Jennifer said...

I would love to stich that for an upcoming exchange. It would be perfect!

Vickie said...

What an excellent finishing job on this Myra. :)

Pam in IL said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your Summer Garden and the fabric you used for the bottom and back of the pillow fits it perfectly!

Congrats again on your son's graduation. My daughter graduates this coming Saturday.

MoonBeam said...

Your pillow is really pretty...set off beautifully by the bow. Nice work.

Bobbi

~*Shar*~ said...

Beautiful stitching and really love the way you finished it; I'd love to stitch this pattern hun..

Hugs, shar

Catherine said...

Beautiful stitching and finishing Myra!! So fun that you and Chris were able to get together. Sounds like a great weekend!

BeckySC said...

So pretty :)

Barb said...

Your pillow looks so pretty. Sorry about the frost. I'm still holding off as our night are still in the 40's-that's not far to go to frost!

Jennifer M. said...

Lovely pillow! I saw your finishing on Chris' blog. Everything turned out fabulous!

valerie said...

Gorgeous pillow Myra! And great work on finishing Chris' items!

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

OH oh quelle merveille I love the birds ! very beautiful

bisous bisous de FRANCE

butterfly said...

Wow Myra, what a beautiful pillow, that is so me the soft colours and pretty flowers and birds.
I would love a chance of having the chart.
How wonderful to lunch with friends.

CATHI said...

It is such a cute finish! :o)

Cathi

Mouse said...

ohhh gorgeous finish :) and would love to be able to stitch this one so could you pop my name into the hat :)

isn't it nice when you can spend time with fellow stitchers who understand you ..lol
off to go and sneak a peek at her blog now :)
take care and happy stitching :) love mouse xxxxx

Daffycat said...

Awesome finish, Myra! Very pretty blue fabric you stitched this on.

Chris said...

Beautiful finish Myra! You do such a wonderful job. So what are you stitching next?

Kathy A. said...

And what a beautiful garden you have planted. Love the little added touches.

Carol said...

So sorry to hear about the frost, Myra--but, just look at this beautiful garden you grew with your needle and thread... I really love the way you've finished it. And I saw your beautifully finished pieces for Chris on her blog--you are such a sweetie to lend a hand :)

Enjoy your other son's graduation--hope it is a bright and sunny day :)

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

What a sweet little pillow :) Darlingly done!
Can't wait to see your update on son #2!

Keeper of the Crowes said...

This pillow is so sweet. I just love your finishing.
Linda

Shelleen said...

Very pretty finish.

Cath said...

What a gorgeous finish , I'd love a chance to win it .
Thanks XXX

BrendaS said...

Beautiful finish Myra! Love the fabric you stitched it on too.

Congratulations to both your sons, exciting times ahead!!!

Shirlee said...

That's a lovely finish Myra! I'd like a chance at winning the chart ... thank you : )

Deborah said...

Love the pillow, Myra! The finishing is perfecy.

Laura said...

oh my! Summer Garden on that blue fabric is breathtaking!!! What a treasure you have created!!!!

Lisa V said...

Your finish has inspired me, I would love a chance to win the chart please.

Penny said...

I love your little pillow! So pretty!

Krista said...

Really beautiful finish on Summer Garden, love the lace and bow :)

Tracey said...

Gorgeous finish! Please enter me in your giveaway! Thank you! ♥

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Now this is the kind of garden we can all grow - no matter what the weather; right? Very cute and nicely finished, as always!

Patty C. said...

Love your garden pillow ;)

Lynn said...

Such a pretty finish Myra!

Lelia said...

What a lovely design! (kit) Job well done on the stitching
and finishing