background

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Bright, Sunshiney Day

Yes dear friends, like most of you we have been having some wonderful bright, sunshiney days.  Unfortunately, the last few have been very HOT!  So, I have been staying inside and sewing a bit.

I had an idea to make these stitching/sewing cases.  They are perfect to use with project bags as they help keep your needfuls together so you don't have to go digging around in your bag for them.

 Each one is a little different but they all have a place to tuck your scissors, a package (or two) of needles, a spool of thread or several skiens of floss, and they have a wool needle page on which to park your needle.  I even made a couple of matching fobs for the blue ones.
 I do plan to sell some of these.  If you are interested, please email me.  $15.00 plus postage - email address is in my profile.

I am eagerly awaiting my first bloom on my sunflowers.

 Here is one just starting to develop!  I can't wait.

I can't believe today is the last day of my staycation.  I really did a whole lot of nothing but you know what?  I think that is exactly what I needed.  I do know that I have some long work days ahead of me as we are short staffed.   I will be checking in on all of you but may not always have time to leave a comment.

Have a wonderful week!

25 comments:

~*Sharee*~ said...

These are too cute hun; would love to order one; but moneys kind of tight now; maybe later..forsure..can't wait to see pictures of the sunflowers..

Hugs, Shar

Deb said...

Those are really great. I don't think that I've seen ones like this before. I think that maybe I need one!!

Becky said...

Myra, these are wonderful! I know I *need* one, so I've already sent you an e-mail about them... What a way to spend a hot day :)

Miss Pants said...

Oh I love the sewing cases! I bought a work bag awhile back that has the kind of muslin and black of the sampler design. Have you seen the that color?

Lana said...

Cute cases!! Cant' wait to see photos of those beautiful sunflowers!!

Kathy A. said...

Lovely, lovely needlebooks Myra. Your fabrics are indeed wonderful.

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

Oh que c'est merveilleux ! bravo :!
bisous de FRANCE

robindefender said...

Very pretty sewing cases!

Hope your sunflowers bloom for you soon!

Chris said...

Hey Myra!
It looks like you had a nice peaceful week. I hope that you got rested up.
The cases look great. You are very talented.
You will have sunflowers soon.
I hope that the upcoming week is easier. Stay cool!

Vickie said...

Hi Myra. I am glad that you are rested up for a full week at the workplace. You have done an excellent job on your stitching cases.

butterfly said...

look's like you have been very busy your sewing sets look beautiful.
Your sunflowers will look stunning , I forgot todo mine this year so will look at yours,
Have a lovely week, hugs.

Carol said...

Wow! I can't believe you made all of those this week, Myra! You chosen such great fabrics for them, too--each one is wonderful :)

Our sunflowers are growing like crazy, too! I can't believe how tall they are for this time of year. Looks like it will be a good year for all the vegetables as long as we can keep those darn chipmunks away!

Lisa said...

wow! you have been busy with your sewing machine, those sewing cases are just wonderful, and your fabrics are just gorgeous
sunflowers in your garden how wonderful can't wait to see it bloom x

Ellen said...

Gorgeous, really love your sewing/stitching cases!

Looking forward to seeing the sunflowers! They are one of my favorite flowers!

Hugs,

Friendship Crossing said...

Myra, those are darling!! Did you make up your own pattern for them?? Too cute!! I'm sure you'll sell lots of them!

I have some of that same fabric but haven't made anything w/it yet.

Have a great wk!
Tanya

Catherine said...

Those are great Myra!! You are so creative!
You'll have to be sure to share pics of your sunflowers!

Lois said...

What great fabrics you used Myra and what a great idea - they're lovely! Sometimes doing a whole lot of nothing is the nicest thing to do! Hope getting back to work isn't too hectic.

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Staycation is my favorite - but mine are not nearly so productive as yours! Great job on the booklets - great idea, as always!

Marie said...

As a quilter I recognize some of that fabric. Your cases are wonderful.

I love sunflowers and have always wanted to grow them. Did you start yours from seed???

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Myra,
Wow your sewing cases are lovely! Can't wait to see the sunflowers in full bloom!
Hugs

MoonBeam said...

Love your little sewing books...especially those done in Blueberry Crumbcake!

Interesting photo of the start of the sunflower.

Bobbi

Siobhán said...

You are so clever, Myra. Wonderful finishes!

Your sunflower is so neat, too. Such pretty flowers.

Lorrie said...

What beautiful cases! You are so creative.

Patty C. said...

Your sewing cases are just wonderful ;)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your stitcher's cases look fantastic!