background

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Summer

Where does the time go?  I didn't realize it had been so long since I posted.  I have been visiting all your blogs and seeing all the pretty things but have just been too tied up with work and other things to put a post together for myself.

Last weekend I put up my summer/patriotic tree.


 I just love unpacking my seasonal ornaments and seeing them all again. 

This weekend I decided to do some stitching of another sort.  The Sweetwater Label Crew project for this month is a tablerunner. 
I really liked the fabrics in this one so I ordered the kit.  The fabrics are from their new line "Lucy's Crab Shack".   I started sewing on it last night and finished it up this afternoon. 

They send you such cute labels for each project.

 Even a label you can place on your project so everyone 100 years from now will know who made it.  :o)
 These fabrics just scream summer and the beach to me.  Can you see "my" Carolina Beach in the top right of this photo?!
It is already happily adorning the table in my stitching corner and it makes me smile just looking at it.

On the stitching front - other than a secret project I am stitching, I started on Donna's (By The Bay Needleart) Mystery SAL.  I just love her designs and thought this would be a fun break.  How many of you are participating?  If you aren't , come on and join us.  It is sure to be a pretty piece we can all display this summer.

Thank you for stopping by and for all the pretty words you leave me.  I treasure each and every one. 

Wishing you a week full of fun and happiness!

21 comments:

Becky said...

Myra, I love your patriotic tree! I've just started working on a number of small patriotic projects to make one for myself. Thanks for the inspiration. Love that tablerunner, too - great fabrics!!

Faye said...

Hey Ms Myra~~~ Your darling tree is just perfect!! As is the perfect table runner....Love the Carolina Beach touch!!!

I scared the bageezies out of my husband when I busted out loud laughing at that ort jar "flower" on the prev post.... You nut!

Have a good week....Lovin' this fantastic weather??! (Get to Lone Star Mercantile and feast your eyes on the goodies...!) Your photographic memory will pay off~~

Carol said...

What a fun tablerunner, Myra--you did a wonderful job on it and I can see why you love those fabrics (and labels!) so much...

I always enjoy seeing your patriotic tree and I love Mr. Cardinal perched at the top like he thinks he's some sort of bald eagle or something :)

April said...

I love your tree Myra!! I need to get mine out and put my ornament on it! Love the fabric on the tablerunner. I still need to learn to quilt...
I am also stitching Donna's summer mystery sampler. I have not started it yet. I am stitching a Model for her at the moment.. Maybe I can stitch the model during the day and the mystery at night... lol

Barb said...

I do love that patriotic tree!! I need to get mine out! Your table runner is also a lovely project.

Deborah said...

I just love the table runner. Very festive. The tree looks great.

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

J'adore c'est très beau ! bisous de FRANCE

milly said...

Hello

Your summer tree is lovely and your ornaments look great!
The table runner is very pretty.

Chris said...

OOH, I hope that the secret project is progressing the way I think it is. It is going to be so lovely.
I love your patriotic tree. I really need to focus on some other holidays.
The table runner is so cute! I can see why you got the kit. It is wonderful.
Have a great week!

Annie said...

What a fun idea .. a patriotic tree!

Love all those pretty fabrics with their little labels. Your table runner is just so cheery.

I started Donna's SAL last night too. Had a little piece of fabric staring at me, begging me to participate!

Shirlee said...

Your patriotic tree looks great! I really ought to get mine out of the closet, find the "ornaments" for it, & put it up along with the rest of the patriotic stuff. You may have started something here : )

Vickie said...

Oh Myra!! You know I LOVE the patriotic poodle right??! I HAVE to dig that out of my "to do" pile! I can see how your new table runner brings smiles to your face, it is awesome. :)

Melissa said...

How nice to have a seasonal tree to display your ornies! Lovely!

The fabrics for that table runner are cute!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Very nice Myra! I wanted that kit! I even had it in my etsy cart and I walked away from it. Now I am totally bummed. But it can't stop me. I need to start making some of my Label Crew stuff.

Mouse said...

isn't it nice when you can revisit some of your stitching each year ....it is lovely you can get them out on display :)
love your runner too and mmmmm better go and have a looksie at what you are up to now with the stitching sal :) love mouse xxxxx

Simple Pleasure said...

Myra
I'm loving your patriotic tree...if you have a chance, I'd enjoy seeing more close-ups of individual ornaments.
Nice idea...using the labels! You are so creative.
I hope the week affords you some quality stitching time.
Busy Hands...Happy Heart
Patricia

Lynn said...

Your patriotic tree is just darling!
I've been adapting some designs for the Canadian flag and colours since we are lacking patriotic designs.
Your finishes are wonderful!

Catherine said...

Love yor patriotic tree! I always enjoy seeing your finishes.
The table runner is so perfect for summer ~ love those fabrics!

Lorrie said...

What a fun project that table runner must have been. Cool they provide all the labels like that. I really like your patriotic tree. I see many of these and keep thinking one day......

Mindi said...

I love the patriotic tree Myra, and your table runner turned out fabulous, very summer-y and beachy!

Pam in IL said...

Your table runner turned out so good! I love your patriotic tree too! Who is the designer of the piece in the basket next to the pincushion? It looks like it says Stars at the top.

I'm starting some patriotic stitching and that one is so cute.